* FAQ   * Search
 * Register  * Login

Grumpier Old Men

"I don't believe it !" - Victor M.
It is currently Sat May 27, 2017 6:23 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 247 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 9:23 pm 

Now that all the paryt manifesto's have been published - It's a close run thing between the performing dog and the ventriloquist............

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 5:55 am 

Rudolf Hart wrote:
Now that all the paryt manifesto's have been published - It's a close run thing between the performing dog and the ventriloquist............

Don't forget the paryt...

John C. Wright

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 7:51 am 

magog wrote:
Don't forget the paryt...

'E's passed on! This paryt is no more! He has ceased to be! 'E's expired and gone to meet 'is maker! 'E's a stiff! Bereft of life, 'e rests in peace! If you hadn't nailed 'im to the perch 'e'd be pushing up the daisies! 'Is metabolic processes are now 'istory! 'E's off the twig! 'E's kicked the bucket, 'e's shuffled off 'is mortal coil, run down the curtain and joined the bleedin' choir invisible!! THIS IS AN EX-PARYT!!

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 8:18 am 

My apogolies for the typo......... :oops:

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 9:36 am 

Having seen the Conservative manifesto, I think the Labour party are more attractive for the average thicko voter. You would have thought they would have included at least one policy to pull in the punters. One vote winner would have been to scrap tutition fees. Means testing the fuel allowence just gives Labour ammunition to bash the with.

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 9:59 am 

It does make me wonder if they are actually serious?

Perhaps the plan is to scupper article 50? After all, Theresa was a remainer, wasn't she?

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 7:23 pm 

Perhaps neither party wishes to win given the half hearted attempts at persuading
us to put X in the box. Maybe they know something bad is just around the corner.

Richard Feynman

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 8:45 pm 

For those of you that have not driven through Cornwall in the up uo to an election, people put Election banners up in hedgrows and on field boundarys in support for their chosen party.
In past years the posters have been mostly Libdem orange with around 30% Tory blue, never seen a red Labour poster that I can remember.

Drove up through North Cornwall to visit friends this afternoon a trip of about 40 miles each way. The number of orange posters for the libdems in hedgrows was astounding, too many to count not seen that many down here for years. I only saw one for the Conservatives and six for Labour. It would seem the Libdems and Labour are doing quite well through Cornwall. How many of those convert into votes next month is anybodies guess. The public mood down here is certainly moving awayform the Tory Party. I hope this is not the picture across the country.

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 10:30 pm 

Jethro wrote:
For those of you that have not driven through Cornwall in the up uo to an election, people put Election banners up in hedgrows and on field boundarys in support for their chosen party.
In past years the posters have been mostly Libdem orange with around 30% Tory blue, never seen a red Labour poster that I can remember.

Drove up through North Cornwall to visit friends this afternoon a trip of about 40 miles each way. The number of orange posters for the libdems in hedgrows was astounding, too many to count not seen that many down here for years. I only saw one for the Conservatives and six for Labour. It would seem the Libdems and Labour are doing quite well through Cornwall. How many of those convert into votes next month is anybodies guess. The public mood down here is certainly moving awayform the Tory Party. I hope this is not the picture across the country.

There's a few blue ones in the St Austell, St Stephen Sticker areas.

Chris

Dum Vivimus Vivamus

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 10:41 pm 

Jethro wrote:

Not a Tory Jethers by any stretch. But. I hope what you are suggesting
is not true.

Richard Feynman

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 11:31 pm 

sixaparrat wrote:
There's a few blue ones in the St Austell, St Stephen Sticker areas.

We went up along the North coast as far as St Mawgan Porth. Did not go near St Austell. Really knocked back by so much support for Labour down here. Never seen that before, even in the 70s it was blue or orange, not a red one to be seen until this election run up.

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 6:47 am 

Jethro wrote:
The public mood down here is certainly moving awayform the Tory Party. I hope this is not the picture across the country.

Looking at the opinion polls (yes, we all know they're shite but there's little else to go on), it appears that the UKIP vote has collapsed, the Green vote is drifting, Tiny Tim is out on his jug ears, the gerbil is holding her own and Labour are picking up votes from across the board, including the Tories.

People think that Corbyn is an arse, but his potential vote is up. We all know that the polls have been VERY wrong before though.

It's times like this that we miss Screaming Lord Sutch.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-2017-39856354

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 7:59 am 

The Tory's only have to lose 6 seats to Labour to lose. Not many is it?
This election is there for the Tories to lose. Their manifesto has probabaly secured their second place.
Like similar on the hoof, fly, sly manifesto pledges, their social care pledge is full of holes.........
1. What initiates the government taking your home and leaving the children with £100,000 ? - Would it be a 24 hour stay in a care home? - Would it be a 2 year stay in a care home? - or would it be a flying visit from a care worker dishing out pile cushions, ointment and a walking frame?
2. Do the children get the first £100,000 ? (ie before government fees are deducted from the estate), or do they get what's left after government fees are deducted?
Note I say 'government fees, not care home fees - as the monies will go to the government, to fund social care nationwide - although private care homes must presumably be exempt or else the Lords will be extinct if they are left with only £100,000 per generation to live on.
Like I say, done on the fly and sly - The Tories may well rue the day they launched their manifesto, which also includes a reduced cap on Dave's Triple Lock on state pensions - just as an awful lot of baby boomers are reaching retirement.....
Interesting times - and I thought it was just about Brexit.
(Article 50 has been mentioned in this election about as many times as the Greek financial crisis - anyone remember that?)

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 8:20 am 

I detect a severe outbreak of Knickerus Wettus amongst the faithful on here and we must tighten our sphincters with a smile and recognise that the new Boadicea will surely rout Catweasel and his ragbag army.
If he does overturn expectations he will do everything to get us back into the eurofold and ironically it will be May's fault for listening to the backroom boys who get rich peddling the b0llocks that laces her manifesto together.
Now ,la plume de ma tante , ich bin ein Merkel person...

John C. Wright

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 8:38 am 

I cannot vote for our Tory MP - he is a devout europhile.
Quote:
Knickerus Wettus
maybe exactly what triggers your home being taken for social care costs.............

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 247 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next