* Register  * Login

Grumpier Old Men

"I don't believe it !" - Victor M.
It is currently Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:41 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Smoking Gestapo
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:37 am 

http://newsbiscuit.com/article/smokers- ... rite-brand

This spoof from Newsbiscuit is so close to the truth about this Govt. Find what's popular and do it again and again.
I'm an ex smoker [big time],for 26 years now and I think it's about time to leave these poor bastards alone. White packets, ludicrous prices ,no 10 fag packets, no place to smoke except home and don't bet that isn't next.
You are not even allowed to start a club for smokers only for Christ's sake.
If it's that bad why dont you just ban it, you hypocritical arseholes ,and stop tormenting those who can't stop or so often,dont want to stop!
It's Primolo of course, the useless cow is on amission to take the heat off The Loser in no.10.
Give the silly tart a proper job .

-- Casey Stengel (1890 - 1975)

Post subject: Re: Smoking Gestapo
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 3:14 pm 

magog wrote:
http://newsbiscuit.com/article/smokers-banned-from-naming-or-pointing-at-favourite-brand

Give the silly tart a proper job .

No point, she could not do a proper job. That is why she is (a) in the Labour Party (b) and MP and (c) a member of the Government.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 4:43 pm 

Yes I know it is hard. I stopped after 50+ years but think of the fun when the anti smokers find out other taxes are climbing to replace lost duty on fags. Come on I am not anti smoking as it does not bother me. But now I can see the benefit of not giving Flash Gordon the duty. Get Champix off your doctor, So easy no withdrawal no craving.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:03 pm 

I stopped 2 years and 1 day ago (Alan Carr Easyway, if you're interested) and no thanks to the useless sanctimonious health preachers.
Dawn Primula and her wheedling kind almost make me want to take up smoking again.
Why is the government stuffed full of people who hate humanity?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:27 pm 

I am a smoker but its the sheer hypocrisy that really hacks me off

Firstly from Zanulabour who don't really want people to stop because they would be up S**t creek without the hundreds of millions they get courtesy of the Tobacco industry each year

Secondly and possibly even more the non and ex smokers who whine on sanctimoniously about those of us who still like the weed,well lets hear them bleat like stuck pigs if all smokers stopped and others taxes went through the roof to cover the shortfall

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:50 pm 

Captainpenguin wrote:
I am a smoker but its the sheer hypocrisy that really hacks me off

Firstly from Zanulabour who don't really want people to stop because they would be up S**t creek without the hundreds of millions they get courtesy of the Tobacco industry each year

Secondly and possibly even more the non and ex smokers who whine on sanctimoniously about those of us who still like the weed,well lets hear them bleat like stuck pigs if all smokers stopped and others taxes went through the roof to cover the shortfall

Can't remember the last time I bought tobacco with british duty on it. I get all mine from abroad. Cheapest is 2.30 euros per 50g pouch.

Time they started concentrating on fat people. Make them stand outside in the winter and not eat in public spaces apart from dedicated eating areas.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 7:43 pm 

My smoking career began in my early teens, I tried cigarettes as most of my mates were using them. I smoked precisely 5 before I realised that the only thing they did for me was to kill my sense of taste. Not to be easily beaten I then took up the pipe which seemed to give me an enhanced social standing. I persevered with the pipe for three weeks until after showing off to a mate's girlfriend I parted with breakfast, lunch and dinner. The pipe and baccy went in the bin and I have never smoked since that day. 8)
I don't want smoking banned as I am quite happy for stupid people to subsidise my tax bill. :roll:
The snag with smokers is that for the most part they are inconsiderate arseholes. :evil:

Cad, bounder and part time scoundrel.
ludd

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:54 pm 

Luddite Come on what about piss artists spewing and shitting everywhere they to are inconsiderate arsoles as well. Bottles and tins sick the whole lot. Not counting the accidents and attacks on people. Soon they will ban everything, but why can you smoke in Westminster?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:59 pm 

Multinational tobacco combines would just love most of you smoking libertarians.

Don't you realise that nicotine addiction kills and maims more humans that all the other drugs put together, and that the bastard tobacco companies now target third world countries and the young?

In Australia alone, we have average12.000 smoking related deaths EVERY YEAR ! ! !

The USA Surgeon General said, "Research shows that nicotinne is more heavily addictive than heroin with a greater mortality rate."

I say, ban bastard smoking EVERYWHERE. We are not legally free to use other addictive substances. Why should we be free to use the most addictive?

Am I prejudiced? Since my half a century of smoking, according to my prominant Opthalmologist has ruined my eyesight, OF COuRSE I AM!

Ban all smoking everywhere, and all victims should sue the arse off the profit hungry bastard tobacco barons.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:25 pm 

"National Tutting Day" :lol:

Women love taking boiling hot showers because it reminds us of hell, where we come from.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:55 pm 

old misery guts wrote:
"National Tutting Day" :lol:

Do you smoke AND tut? :shock:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 6:37 am 

Mozo wrote:
Multinational tobacco combines would just love most of you smoking libertarians.

Don't you realise that nicotine addiction kills and maims more humans that all the other drugs put together, and that the bastard tobacco companies now target third world countries and the young?

In Australia alone, we have average12.000 smoking related deaths EVERY YEAR ! ! !

The USA Surgeon General said, "Research shows that nicotinne is more heavily addictive than heroin with a greater mortality rate."

I say, ban bastard smoking EVERYWHERE. We are not legally free to use other addictive substances. Why should we be free to use the most addictive?

Am I prejudiced? Since my half a century of smoking, according to my prominant Opthalmologist has ruined my eyesight, OF COuRSE I AM!

Ban all smoking everywhere, and all victims should sue the arse off the profit hungry bastard tobacco barons.

What about alcohol,how many Australians does that take care of? Got to get these numbers up..

-- Casey Stengel (1890 - 1975)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 6:38 am 

Mozo wrote:

Once again you seek to blame others for your own weakness. YOU had a choice. YOU chose to smoke. Now you whinge and bleat about the consequences of that decision.

You typify everything about the anti smoking lobby. An irrational argument, badly made (isn't alcohol addictive? ask Paul Gascoigne...) and based on the (entirely false) premise that you know what's best for me and have the right to enforce laws that undermine my freedoms. Well, f***K off - I neither want nor need your pious legislation.

luddite wrote:
The snag with smokers is that for the most part they are inconsiderate arseholes. :evil:

Entirely unlike the opinionated twats who couldn't settle for a compromise, and had to go for an all out ban in public places based on spurious 'evidence' and a vicious determination to control people's lives through Soviet- style social engineering.

At least you acknowledge the tax revenues from tobacco though. Moron Mozo hasn't even thought his argument through that far.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 7:28 am 

Noted on the forum if I do not do it or agree with it then it is a crime. Personally I did enjoy smoking and I do not think I should now attack smokers. But on this forum we argue because I do not do it you should not. I think drinking is the worst of two evils. Smokers do not go off their heads after ten fags like ten pints. Live and let live.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:19 am 

Mozo wrote:

I think the important word you use is "free". You might want to look it up.

Legalise (and tax) all drugs. If people choose to smoke crack and ruin their
lives, that's fine by me. You chose to smoke and it ruined you eyesight, tough.
You make your choice and you take your chances.