* FAQ   * Search
 * Register  * Login

Grumpier Old Men

"I don't believe it !" - Victor M.
It is currently Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:55 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 120 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 8:45 pm 

Old Holborn wrote:
Sciatico wrote:
I bet he fits in nicely with the Swiss.

Whoops!

You just nailed your colours very very firmly to the mast, didn't you?

No, I just happen to know some swiss. Bunch of petty sticklers.

Anyone who doesn't obey the masters in Brussels is your enemy, aren't they?

Oh dear, you really do have black and white vision.

Do you hate the Norwegians as well?

I don't know any Norwegians, I've never been to Norway either. I've been to Switzerland though, even have a couple in my family. One emigrated because he couldn't stand his own people.

What you are feeling is what you have been told to feel.

I mostly feel sorry for the terminally ineducable.

Anyone who doesn't support "the Vision" is an enemy of the "the Vision" (copyright Stalin, Mao, Hitler, Mussolini, Milosovic, Pot, Mugabe etc etc).

I won't bother any more. Debating with goggle eyed zealots is always a waste of energy, time and intellect. Unless of course, you can convince me (without the use of brownshirts, tariffs or threats) otherwise.

Run along now, iron your uniform and polish your jackboots, marching practice starts in an hour.

And there's Godwin's law again. Hilarious coming from someone living in a surveillance state.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 8:54 pm 

Location: Not on Facebook, not in Screwfix, not in Dale Hill farm . . .
A side grump:

I get very irritated by people who reply to posts by editing in their comments into the quote. Especially when it's just a different shade of blue to denote the difference.

That's it, please carry on

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 8:55 pm 

I told you. The argument is over. You lost.

You didn't convince ONE single person who reads these boards that the EU is a valid working model of a future society.

I know it's hard facing reality, I know it's hard hearing what you do not want to hear but you failed. Miserably. You resorted to insults, you denegrated entire nations, you poo pooed any opposition with trivia and therefore, quite rightly, you lost any credibility we assumed you may have.

I don't expect you to like it, I don't even expect you to accept it, but it won't alter the final verdict of this court.

you lost.

Bye.

(what's your next move? Rebuild credibility or dig deeper?)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 9:09 pm 

Other Steve wrote:
A side grump:

I get very irritated by people who reply to posts by editing in their comments into the quote. Especially when it's just a different shade of blue to denote the difference.

That's it, please carry on

I used "bold". You must have a bad monitor or something wrong with your software because it's very obviously different on mine . Mozo asked me not to use colours or he can't read it. It's easier to use "bold" than editing with the quote function. I much prefer the Usenet way of being able to answer individual points with the differentiation being done automatically.
I'll do it differently then.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 9:21 pm 

Ta

Mostly I use a laptop but on a blackberry there is no difference at all, they all show as black text. When you did use colours we were getting replies to replies to quotes all embedded and it was very confusing.

FWIW I prefer to see replies under the quote that's replied to but there are no rules on the matter.

Rio Ferdinand on Twitter responding to Blatter's latest idiocy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 9:53 pm 

Old Holborn wrote:
I told you. The argument is over. You lost.

You didn't convince ONE single person who reads these boards that the EU is a valid working model of a future society.

I don't expect to "convince" any frothing GOM of anything. Old dogs scared of new tricks, mostly.
We did establish that some GOMs would like a written Constitution, at the very least.

Quote:
I know it's hard facing reality, I know it's hard hearing what you do not want to hear but you failed. Miserably. You resorted to insults, you denegrated entire nations, you poo pooed any opposition with trivia and therefore, quite rightly, you lost any credibility we assumed you may have.

Interweb forums are just a substitute for bad TV for me, so don't think I care about what you say about my "credibility" , raving hypocrite.

Quote:
I don't expect you to like it, I don't even expect you to accept it, but it won't alter the final verdict of this court.

you lost.

Bye.

(what's your next move? Rebuild credibility or dig deeper?)

This court will do exactly what any government tells them to do and whine away into thin air, just like your ineffective self.

And just to rub it in :P :

UK parliament approves EU treaty

Via Parliament, Lords and Queen:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_.news/pol ... 461918.stm

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 6:39 am 

SFW

They approved a treaty that means nothing until all 27 countries approve.

Rio Ferdinand on Twitter responding to Blatter's latest idiocy

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 6:57 am 

I did not expect that the British Parliamentary system would give away it's sovereignty, which it holds on behalf of the people, without reference to them. It is a very sad day for Britain and it will now never recover it's once proud traditions, it id destined to be just a bit player in a Franco-German dominated EU run by an unelected QUANGO. The carve up of Britain will start in ernest in 2009.

If you go to No.10 you can still vote on the EU. The running is 18,000:8 / No:Yes.

But they will not listen, as those that voted No are just stupid.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 7:05 am 

Sciatico wrote:
And just to rub it in :P :

UK parliament approves EU treaty

Via Parliament, Lords and Queen:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_.news/pol ... 461918.stm

Popular opinion at the time of writing this is showing 15 people in favour of ratifying the treaty and 20,712 people against ratifying the treaty.

'Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.'

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 7:53 am 

Oh dear

It appears my rant here regarding the Swiss is causing waves in the blogging community

http://devilskitchen.me.uk/

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 8:41 am 

I read the thread again, but did not notice the waves. Where are they hiding?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 8:53 am 

Part of the traitors education:

Switzerland

Following the electorate's rejection of EEA membership, the Swiss Government withdrew its application. In common with other EFTA states, Switzerland already had free trade arrangements for manufactured goods within the European Community. The Swiss rejected closer ties with the EU in a second referendum in 2001. Switzerland's relationship with the EU is that of a free trade area, with mutually beneficial bilateral intergovernmental agreements.

Switzerland contributes to the EU budget. According Swiss official estimates, the EU will cost about SFr550m a year for the period 2007-13.1 If Switzerland were a member of the European Economic Area (EEA), as Norway is and which involves membership of the Single Market, the annual costs could rise to well over SFr700m annually. If Switzerland joined the EU, the annual net contributions could increase to SFr3.4bn annually, with gross contributions of SFr4.9bn.

Switzerland has an extensive list of bilateral arrangements with the EU:2

Bilateral agreements I (1999) covered 7 specific areas:
The free movement of persons. Since June 2004, Swiss residents have had complete freedom of movement within EU countries. Quotas for EU workers in Switzerland are due to be lifted in May 2007, but a safeguard clause means that the Confederation would be able to reintroduce quotas, until 2014.
The elimination of technical barriers to trade.
Public procurement markets.
Civil Aviation.
Overland transport.
Agriculture.
Research.
Bilateral agreements II (by 2005) covered the following areas:
Cooperation in the fields of justice, police, asylum and immigration (Schengen/Dublin agreement). In a referendum (2005) the Swiss electorate voted for the adoption of Schengen, with nearly 55% of those voting in favour.
Taxation on savings.
Fight against fraud.
Processed agricultural products.
Environment.
Statistics, to encourage the harmonisation of data collection.
MEDIA, for the promotion of European film.
Education, occupational training, youth.
Pensions.

So one can have the benefits with a much reduced membership fee and no unelected QUANGO ruining your lives.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 12:40 pm 

The courts are now asking for ratification of the treaty to be delayed.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/7465665.stm

'Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.'

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 1:06 pm 

Here's a reader friendly version of the Lisbon Constitution

336 pages of it

http://www.euinfo.ie/uploads/file/Conso ... EATY_3.pdf

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 7:20 pm 

Old Holborn wrote:
Here's a reader friendly version of the Lisbon Constitution

336 pages of it

http://www.euinfo.ie/uploads/file/Conso ... EATY_3.pdf

And here is 1/27th of what will hopefully gradually be replaced via that instrument:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Constituti ... ed_Kingdom
Kindly have a quick read through all of british law and "constitution" and let me know if you like it or not. It's ok, I don't need your opinion on the other 26 country's.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 120 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8