* FAQ   * Search
 * Register  * Login

Grumpier Old Men

"I don't believe it !" - Victor M.
It is currently Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:52 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 120 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:19 pm 

Location: Not on Facebook, not in Screwfix, not in Dale Hill farm . . .
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Some or maybe all of us may die laughing. It's certainly killing me.

And all because they voted their stupid song out of Eurovision (look at when the polls changed).

Eire is nothing without the EU and they appear (it's not confirmed yet) to have told them to eff off. The Celtic Tiger has bitten the hand that reared it.

Rio Ferdinand on Twitter responding to Blatter's latest idiocy

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:31 pm 

For this one act, I partially forgive the papist Taigs for re-fuelling the German U-Boats during WWII.

It is typical of them.

Take what you can while you can and then throw your toys out of your pram when it looks like things might get rough.

At least they had the chance to vote. Good on 'em :twisted:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:32 pm 

Other Steve wrote:
And all because they voted their stupid song out of Eurovision.

The Irish state broadcaster RTE was nearly bankrupted when Ireland won the contest four years out of five, and subsequently had to host it the following years.

Putting up dumb acts like their turkey was an act of pure genius, ensuring they would never have to do it again.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:40 pm 

Old Holborn wrote:
Sciatico wrote:
Hopefully in future the decision to vote on EU matters will be left to the elected governments of countries instead of thick plebs who are too dense to understand the big picture.

Interesting argument

Tell us, when your past girlfriends said "no" did you take it as a "yes" and carry on regardless.
Did you twice say to them "You mean yes, you just don't know it, so stop saying no, it won't stop me arse raping you anyway"

A bad anal-ogy. Said girls would now be far better off had they stayed with me had they said "yes" and enjoyed the union. As it is, I'm happily married to somone who did say "yes" and we are both better off for it.

I see no logical reason when a country says NO why it shouldn't also mean NO.

Your inability to see the reasons doesn't mean there aren't any. Large numbers of people suffer from similar intellectual limitation.
Just one of these reasons is that there isn't time to wait another few decades for you to grasp the concept that 27 countries pulling in the same direction is better than each one weaving about on it's own.

Or are the EU masters simply Date Rapists?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:58 pm 

Quote:
Sciatico wrote:

Just one of these reasons is that there isn't time to wait another few decades for you to grasp the concept that 27 countries pulling in the same direction is better than each one weaving about on it's own.

None are. It's every man for himself and it always will be. The lesser countries will alway plead, with big puppy eyes, how they want to contribute and just need £xxx billions to get their infrastructure right. The bigger and historically better countries throw this money at them due to a misguided sense of fair play. Once they get what they want, they will do exactly the same as the Irish.

And I wouldn't blame them.

The descendants of the bog trotters that actually managed to survive their self-induced famine have actually done what is best for them. Charity begins at home. Fiscal idiocy begins in Brussels.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 2:05 pm 

Well let's get this cleared up then Sciatico.

The Irish were asked to vote on whether or not to ratify a very very complicated treaty that would affect every man wioman and child in Ireland for decades to come.

Before we go any further.......do you understand it?

Every last detail of this contract they were asked to sign?

Because I have read it from cover to cover and I don't.

And there is absolutely no effing way I am going to sign anything I don't understand. Just like the bog trotters in fact. The No lobby won because they argued that if you don't know what it is or what it does, leave it alone

So, explain it to us simple folk Sciatico, so that we too may understand it.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 2:09 pm 

Quote:
Sciatico wrote:

Surely I could use that argument to defend the UssR or the Third Reich

Germany invaded plenty of countries, as did the Soviets. The EU has tried a much more subtle approach but an invasion it most certainly has been. And anyone who is asked tells them to **** off and close the gate behind them

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 2:38 pm 

Sciatico wrote:
.......Just one of these reasons is that there isn't time to wait another few decades for you to grasp the concept that 27 countries pulling in the same direction is better than each one weaving about on it's own. [/b]

mwaaaahaaahaa

you actually believe that don't you.

(falls off seat and clutches ribs)

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Give us one clear example of where all 27 countries have 'pulled together' in one direction to the detriment of at least one if not many (usually us). Then further clarify that by showing us how this compares with how the loosing country(s) would not have been better off serving it's own interests first and keeping it's money in its own pocket in comparison (that'll be us again)

'...and paying lip service to' and 'adopting the spirit rather than the letter of..' statements don't qualify.

As commendable as the concept of 'group buying power' may be (and this after all is the only notion of merit within the whole sorry disaster) it doesn't work when some of the club pay more than others to join and (run), some of the group don't stick to the ground rules of the negotiations, some of the group clearly pursue their own interests in side deals, some of the group are expected to make disproportionate concessions for 'the greater good' and virtually all of the group don't even agree what the rules mean or how they work.

Bilateral agreements are the way forward for Britain as the good majority of countries that pass for part of europe (and lets face it a swarthy Turk is not a european) are just dead weight at best and an absolute f@cking liablity at worst.

As for the subtexts of cultural intergration, centralised power and deconstruction of the nation state - no one wants it (unless you are a poor tinpot sh1thole), no one believes it (not even the tinpot sh1thole nations) and given the chance to remove it , any western european nation kicks it into touch.

Take your little club of social democratic 'friends' and feck off!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 2:59 pm 

Old Holborn wrote:
Quote:
Sciatico wrote:

Surely I could use that argument to defend the UssR or the Third Reich

No you couldn't. They used force.

Germany invaded plenty of countries, as did the Soviets. The EU has tried a much more subtle approach but an invasion it most certainly has been. And anyone who is asked tells them to **** off and close the gate behind them.

"The EU" are the opposite of the Soviets and ww2 Germany. It is the elected governments of 27 countries (including GB) voluntarily standardising their laws and, in cooperation, approving new standard laws.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:38 pm 

FarkingZarquads! wrote:
Sciatico wrote:
.......Just one of these reasons is that there isn't time to wait another few decades for you to grasp the concept that 27 countries pulling in the same direction is better than each one weaving about on it's own. [/b]

you actually believe that don't you.

(falls off seat and clutches ribs)

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Give us one clear example of where all 27 countries have 'pulled together' in one direction to the detriment of at least one if not many (usually us). Then further clarify that by showing us how this compares with how the loosing country(s) would not have been better off serving it's own interests first and keeping it's money in its own pocket in comparison (that'll be us again)

'...and paying lip service to' and 'adopting the spirit rather than the letter of..' statements don't qualify.

As commendable as the concept of 'group buying power' may be (and this after all is the only notion of merit within the whole sorry disaster) it doesn't work when some of the club pay more than others to join and (run), some of the group don't stick to the ground rules of the negotiations, some of the group clearly pursue their own interests in side deals, some of the group are expected to make disproportionate concessions for 'the greater good' and virtually all of the group don't even agree what the rules mean or how they work.

Bilateral agreements are the way forward for Britain as the good majority of countries that pass for part of europe (and lets face it a swarthy Turk is not a european) are just dead weight at best and an absolute f@cking liablity at worst.

As for the subtexts of cultural intergration, centralised power and deconstruction of the nation state - no one wants it (unless you are a poor tinpot sh1thole), no one believes it (not even the tinpot sh1thole nations) and given the chance to remove it , any western european nation kicks it into touch.

Take your little club of social democratic 'friends' and feck off!

mwaaaahaaahaa
Most excellently put, could not have said it better. This elephantine monster that has so much money and so much power has been crippled by the rednecked micks who have turned on it large. F*cking marvellous
Brown is deperately looking for friends so says we will ratify it without asking us of course ,because the Nulabia Kremlin works like that.
I know I've said this before but do try to go there , and see how the sheer size ,unaccountability ,and unstoppable size of it is so frightingly awful. It just shouts at you "we dont give a f*ck, about you or anyone ,we will do what we want" and logic or argument plays no part ,just pissing in the wind.
Wahtever you think the shortcomings of our parliament are ,they seem like a real working democracy besides Brussels.
Some great looking totty though.

John C. Wright

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:41 pm 

Old Holborn wrote:
Well let's get this cleared up then Sciatico.

The Irish were asked to vote on whether or not to ratify a very very complicated treaty that would affect every man wioman and child in Ireland for decades to come.

Before we go any further.......do you understand it?

Yes.

Every last detail of this contract they were asked to sign?

No. Do you understand every clause in every british law that your government pass? Do you think you should vote on all british laws, including those you don't understand.

Because I have read it from cover to cover and I don't.

But you don't understand all of it.

And there is absolutely no effing way I am going to sign anything I don't understand. Just like the bog trotters in fact. The No lobby won because they argued that if you don't know what it is or what it does, leave it alone

So, explain it to us simple folk Sciatico, so that we too may understand it.

You don't have to. You specifically elect and employ professionals (government and judiciary) to ponder the intricate details for you. (They, like all the others, actually took part in it's formulation.) If they are happy it's in GB's interest then it should pass.
If you are certain the cons outweigh the pros then you can vote for a government that would take you out of the EU too, if you can find such that also have the brains to even run the country.
You will find though that the main parties all agree that it's a good thing to be in the EU, even though it places constraints over them but also gives them some influence in the affairs of nearby countries in return.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:54 pm 

Sciatico wrote:
[You don't have to. You specifically elect and employ professionals (government and judiciary) to ponder the intricate details for you. (They, like all the others, actually took part in it's formulation.) If they are happy it's in GB's interest then it should pass.
If you are certain the cons outweigh the pros then you can vote for a government that would take you out of the EU too, if you can find such that also have the brains to even run the country.
You will find though that the main parties all agree that it's a good thing to be in the EU, even though it places constraints over them but also gives them some influence in the affairs of nearby countries in return.

[/quote]They do not have the mandate to do this, the Lisbon Treaty was not a part of the Labour Manifesto and they have no mandate to ratify it on anybody's behalf. We are entitled to vote on whether or not we wish our government to sign up to it. They had a mandate to give us a referendum on the constitution which every commentator tells us is virtually indistinguishable from Lisbon.

Give us a referendum, tell us the facts, give us your opinions but let us, the British people decide.

'Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.'

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 4:30 pm 

in on the fiddles I just watched some twatt say it did not really matter what Paddy voted. He went on to say how wonderful the EU was for me and the wonderful things it was doing for me. I waited with bated breath for someone to ask him when they were going to stop the great expenses fiddles. Of course no one had the balls. Maybe because most in the room were.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 4:36 pm 

The trouble with leaving the EU to parliament Sciatico is that politicians of all bents have a vested interest in us being in it. The EU provides a huge trough for politicians and ample opportunities for unpunished corruption. That I strongly suspect overrules their priniples and that's why parties that are Eurosceptic in opposition tend to become much less so when it's their snouts in the trough.

Plus MPs simply do not have the right to give up political powers to foreign bodies without asking. The powers they exercise do not belong to them - they belong to you and me. They're elected to use those powers for the length of their terms and that's the extent of their authority. Making any change to those powers, and who owns them, should require a referendum.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 4:53 pm 

Quote:
Great. A bunch of thick micks voting to ensure that Russia, the USA+Israel, the Chinese, the Arabs, the Indians and virtually any place with economical clout can dictate terms to any poxy individual country in Europe they feel like.
Hopefully in future the decision to vote on EU matters will be left to the elected governments of countries instead of thick plebs who are too dense to understand the big picture.

And the "big picture" is what? Dictatorship of the European proletariat by an unelected QUANGO perhaps?
I am afraid that our resident EU-Loon has no idea what the big picture is, but he feels nice and safe with a big Nanny blanket. He does not understand how the EU works and that Britain would be a bit player in a federalised EU, France, Germany, Italy and Spain will see to that. Britain is a trading nation with a very strong financial services industry and needs to free-boot in the global market where it is No.2 after the USA.

Thank you for your help my Irish friends, but your wishes will be ignored by the Brussels bunch as they intend to press on regardless of your wishes.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 120 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next