* FAQ   * Search
 * Register  * Login

Grumpier Old Men

"I don't believe it !" - Victor M.
It is currently Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:58 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 120 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 5:27 pm 

Elvis wrote:
Elvis wrote:
Quote:
Sciatico wrote: The only aggro comes from the stupid £-€ conversions
Why haven't you got a €uro account for those deals? :shock:
You could then trade with EU companies in their currency.

Both of my major investments in the UK have been in €uros since 2002.

NB: An offshore account is even better! :wink:
Did you miss this post, or did you simply decide it wasn't worth consideration?

I don't want to discuss my financial affairs on a public forum but thanks for the advice.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 5:31 pm 

Sciatico wrote:
Na toll (fuer einen Englaender), Du kannst sogar ein Paar Worte Deutsch sprechen...

"Paar" doesn't require a capital letter.

:oops: Does that make me a German Nazi? :oops:

Floyd wrote:
Whenever I get a stack of CVs I immediately throw half of them away.

This weeds out unlucky people.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 5:33 pm 

Those who credit the EC for the European-wide trading block have been reading too much European bullshit, of whatever language. GATT was actually responsible, while the EC claim credit.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 5:59 pm 

Sciatico wrote:
Old Holborn wrote:
Sciatico wrote:
-
Na toll (fuer einen Englaender), Du kannst sogar ein Paar Worte Deutsch sprechen...

Moment mal, du bist nicht der einziger hier der Deutsch sprecht. Du bist auch nicht der einziger der in Ausland gelbt hatte. Alle meine kinder waren in Deutschland geboren und troztdem sag ich NEIN zum diesen verdammten EU projekt.

Alles Klar?

Na und? Du sagst zu allem "nein", auch wenn es nicht Auslaendisch ist. In der Zwischenzeit machst Du dein Brot und Butter mit Austauschstudenten, fast sicherlich Dank EU Projekten.

If you think I am against Europe, you are wrong. I have german exchange students because I realise the importance of my children learning other cultures and other languages. When (thanks to the EU) we have one homogenous culture, one language, one menu, one system, one hair colour and one opinion, it will be a pointless exercise. Exchange students existed before the EU, you know.

(Ps. No money or indeed bread and butter changes hands. Just perspectives, opinions and cultures)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 6:04 pm 

Obnoxio The Clown wrote:
Sciatico wrote:

Entschuldigung, "paar", I rarely write in German and apparently nor does OH.

I have no idea if it makes you a German Nazi, I'm not German.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 6:11 pm 

Sciatico wrote:
Obnoxio The Clown wrote:
Sciatico wrote:

You sure? You're definitely humourless enough to be German.

Floyd wrote:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 6:23 pm 

Sciatico wrote:
Obnoxio The Clown wrote:
Sciatico wrote:

You sure? You're definitely humourless enough to be German.

Dummkopf.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 7:50 pm 

no, that won't quite work

Calling someone an idiot can only be valid if you can show that your intelligence is far superior to theirs.

You haven't.

I accept that many. many people want a united Europe, where we all live under the same rules, have the same opportunities and rejoice in the same outcome.

History tells us that this dream does not work. It didn't work for Hitler, Napolean, Stalin or Milosovic

You could give the same vote to the US and Texas would not the same way as California, Iowa would not vote the same way as Tenessee.

The difference being that the US had a WAR to decide who had the control. The south STILL fly the conferderate flag, the south STILL have not succumbed to the NY lifestyle because the South is DIFFERENT than the North. Even after hundreds of years.

You may think the US is the perfect model for the EU but it ain't. As the UssR wasn't. Are you really so arrogant as to feel that an unemployed mother of five in Helsinki has exactly the sames needs and aspirations as a family of seven in Lisbon?

You ARSE.

Leave us alone to be us. As long as we don't invade our neighbours, attempt to oppress those who do not think as we think and impose our values on others, then leave us the **** alone. You do what you do and let us do what we do.

The EU will never understand this and it WILL end in tears. Too many politicians have decided that we MUST ALL be the same because we would be so much easier to manage.

**** them all. I am ME. I will measure weights however I want. I will talk to and make friends with whoever I please. I will save my money wherever I please. I will travel wherever I please. I will see what I want to see and I will eat whatever banana I choose. You do not tell me how to live the one, short life I have. I do.

Now **** off and die. As all who have attempted to do the same have.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:51 pm 

Old Holborn wrote:
no, that won't quite work

Calling someone an idiot can only be valid if you can show that your intelligence is far superior to theirs.

Errm, that was a joke, humourless one.

You haven't.

I accept that many. many people want a united Europe, where we all live under the same rules, have the same opportunities and rejoice in the same outcome.

History tells us that this dream does not work. It didn't work for Hitler, Napolean, Stalin or Milosovic

They all tried it at gunpoint. No doubt someone will try it again if doing it by consensus fails.

You could give the same vote to the US and Texas would not the same way as California, Iowa would not vote the same way as Tenessee.

The difference being that the US had a WAR to decide who had the control. The south STILL fly the conferderate flag, the south STILL have not succumbed to the NY lifestyle because the South is DIFFERENT than the North. Even after hundreds of years.

You may think the US is the perfect model for the EU but it ain't. As the UssR wasn't. Are you really so arrogant as to feel that an unemployed mother of five in Helsinki has exactly the sames needs and aspirations as a family of seven in Lisbon?

The US model almost worked but failed by requiring money, bullshitting skills and subservience to a tiny powerful minority rather than ability and integrity to be at the top.
The British model fails by just requiring bullshitting ability to be the leader.

You ARSE.

Leave us alone to be us. As long as we don't invade our neighbours, attempt to oppress those who do not think as we think and impose our values on others, then leave us the **** alone. You do what you do and let us do what we do.

I don't think people are even happy with what they have to lead them here.

The EU will never understand this and it WILL end in tears. Too many politicians have decided that we MUST ALL be the same because we would be so much easier to manage.

It wasn't so important previously but it's kind of crucial that we all get along now because we might blow everything up with a few nukes. What do you suggest to prevent really bad stuff at best and total Armageddon happening in the future?

**** them all. I am ME. I will measure weights however I want. I will talk to and make friends with whoever I please. I will save my money wherever I please. I will travel wherever I please. I will see what I want to see and I will eat whatever banana I choose. You do not tell me how to live the one, short life I have. I do.

Now **** off and die. As all who have attempted to do the same have.

You seem to take it for granted that you can do a few of the above at the moment but you are living in an extraordinarily privileged period right now. Virtually all of the above wasn't possible or permissible not that long ago. Not sure if you care about your spawn but what would give them such a range of options?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:07 am 

He does it again: It wasn't so important previously but it's kind of crucial that we all get along now because we might blow everything up with a few nukes. What do you suggest to prevent really bad stuff at best and total Armageddon happening in the future?

NATO not the EU has brought peace in Europe and NATO is largely funded and run by the Americans. We do not want a EU QUANGO to have it's collective finger on any nuclear button.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:42 am 

oldrwb wrote:
He does it again: It wasn't so important previously but it's kind of crucial that we all get along now because we might blow everything up with a few nukes. What do you suggest to prevent really bad stuff at best and total Armageddon happening in the future?

NATO not the EU has brought peace in Europe and NATO is largely funded and run by the Americans. We do not want a EU QUANGO to have it's collective finger on any nuclear button.

So that's the EC's claims to have created a European trading block and to have brought peace to Europe exposed as lies.

Then we have the Common Fisheries policy, which the EC themselves were compelled to admit was an absolute disaster.

Then we have the Common Agriculture policy, which is a effing disaster.

What's left, of any particular importance?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:46 am 

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/Abandon-Lisbon/

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:13 am 

oldrwb wrote:

They wouldn't be.
To the US *any* country is just a distant buffer zone/ battlefield and always has been.
You want GB and Europe's defence to remain in the hands of individuals like the Bush cretin, Obama or the Psychopathic Loon McCain, plus Israel?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:39 am 

Sciatico wrote:
You want GB and Europe's defence to remain in the hands of individuals like the Bush cretin, Obama or the Psychopathic Loon McCain, plus Israel?

It's worked pretty well for the last couple of decades, by and large.

Floyd wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 11:00 am 

One example of the trust in Europe and the EU is the average Germans attitude towards the Euro. Many of them are refusing to accept Euro notes that do not have the prefix "X" on the serial number. The "X" denotes that the note was issued by the German treasury and would be honoured by them in the event of a crisis. Notes that have been issued by Spain, Portugal, Italy, Greece etc. are regularly refused.

The UK even has a letter reserved for its notes, if the Euro continues its onward march.

Country Letter
Belgium Z
Germany X
Finland L
France U
Greece Y
Ireland T
Italy S
Luxembourg (R)
Netherlands P
Austria N
Portugal M
Spain V

Letters reserved for future Euro-countries:
Country Letter
Denmark W
Great Britain J
Sweden K

Canny folk, these Krauts!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 120 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next