* FAQ   * Search
 * Register  * Login

Grumpier Old Men

"I don't believe it !" - Victor M.
It is currently Tue Jan 17, 2017 3:09 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Feedback On Ebay
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 7:13 pm 

My daughter bought two dresses from vivaciousenigma on Ebay. When they were delievered all the external labels had been cut out and they smelt of BO. When she complained the seller was really nasty and said if she didn't leave positive feedback she would be banned from Ebay. Unforutnately she did leave postive feedback but the seller didn't leave any feedback for her. Anyway these two dresses were obviously fakes so I have been keeping an eye on this seller.

BTW these are the two dresses.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0094752537
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0094749282

I recently noticed that this seller's feedback score has been faked. She has 159 positive feedbacks in 12 months. This is impossible because there ares 25 feedbacks per page and going back 6 pages it took her two years to reach 159 positve feedbacks! Also her feedback score went up by one yesterday from 412 to 413 and no buyer or seller had contributed to her feedback.

Post subject: Re: Feedback On Ebay
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 7:37 pm 

Jkernow wrote:
. .external labels had been cut out .

What sort of dress has labels on the outside?

All her chums would be able to se she is really a size 18 if they hadn't been removed.

As for the idea that there may be dishonest traders on Ebay, I am shocked.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 7:44 pm 

I earn a healthy second income from eBay and the like, I see crap sellers every day!

You have 2 things you can do here, first is to report an item not as described - http://feedback.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI ... ateDispute
and secondly, report them for feedback extortion - http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/policies/f ... rtion.html

The feedback is legit - the seller has had 418 members leave a positive, and 5 leave a negative, but there are 650 comments in total. If she sold 2 dresses to one person, their feedback only ever increases by 1, regardless of how many comments are left by that one person.

The 159 comments have only been left in the last 12 months, but there are 4 pages of feedback when the list is expanded to 200 items per page, dating back to March 2004.

The great thing with the new feedback system that eBay have started is that you can instantly see what everyone has purchsaed - things like "BNWT Vamp zip front dress from Ann Summers PVC size 10" for example! :shock: :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 8:07 pm 

good2grump wrote:
I earn a healthy second income from eBay and the like, I see crap sellers every day!

You have 2 things you can do here, first is to report an item not as described - http://feedback.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI ... ateDispute
and secondly, report them for feedback extortion - http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/policies/f ... rtion.html

The feedback is legit - the seller has had 418 members leave a positive, and 5 leave a negative, but there are 650 comments in total. If she sold 2 dresses to one person, their feedback only ever increases by 1, regardless of how many comments are left by that one person.

The 159 comments have only been left in the last 12 months, but there are 4 pages of feedback when the list is expanded to 200 items per page, dating back to March 2004.

The great thing with the new feedback system that eBay have started is that you can instantly see what everyone has purchsaed - things like "BNWT Vamp zip front dress from Ann Summers PVC size 10" for example! :shock: :wink:

The feedback is NOT legit this seller gained another feedback point yesterday and nobody left one for this seller.

Also please note every feeback is recorded and this seller doesn't have enough feedback pages to list 650 item!!!!

Try out your theory with other good sellers and you will find that even if the buyer has bought more than one item from them it is still included in the total. This seller's feedback is a FAKE.

Members who left a positive: 418
Members who left a negative: 5
All positive Feedback: 650

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 8:25 pm 

My sons have bought and sold several cars on eBay and everytime everything has gone smoothly.
Two years ago my youngest son, then still living at home, and awash with money, bought a (then) two year-old Honda S2000 with 19k on the clock from a Sussex address.

In spite of the sellers wanting 10% upfront, within 7 days of us winning the bid on eBay, I rang them and told them in no uncertain terms that there was no way we were giving them £1,750 before seeing the vehicle....They settled for £100 after I told them I was not in the habit of giving £100 away.

On the arranged day, we travelled over to Sussex from S.Wales. My son (an engineer) My dad (retired panel-beater/coachbuilder) and myself (haggler) The car was stored in a heated garage, and covered with that expensive breathable cotton stuff. It was absolutely immaculate, and really was 'as new', it was the seller's pride and joy and he had owned it from new.
After intensive examination and test-drives, we discovered (from the sellers father) that his son was emigrating to Australia in just 3 DAY'S TIME. and really needed a quick sale. Armed with this new-found knowledge, we got the price down to £16,000, (from £17,500)
My son still owns the S2000, it is still immaculate, and he has no plans to sell it.
My advice to anyone buying something that costs real money on eBay. Go into it suspecting that you are dealing with the biggest crook on earth. Don't pay out large sums as deposit, and never mind what they say about
you having to pay the winning price. You can ALWAYS find a reason to bring the price down.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 11:40 pm 

[quote="Victor Fawlty"
My advice to anyone buying something that costs real money on eBay. Go into it suspecting that you are dealing with the biggest crook on earth.

Wise advice.The seller lives in Wigan,yet is selling dozens of designer items 'only available in selected boutiques worldwide.' :shock: If it looks too good to be true,it's a scam.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 12:22 am 

Jkernow wrote:
The feedback is NOT legit this seller gained another feedback point yesterday and nobody left one for this seller.

Another seller left 3 feedback comments on May 11th- that would increase their score by the one that you mention.

Jkernow wrote:
Also please note every feeback is recorded and this seller doesn't have enough feedback pages to list 650 item!!!!

Try clicking the "All Feedback" tab, and not just the Feedback as Seller option. There should now be 27 pages of feedback for you to read!

Jkernow wrote:
This seller's feedback is a FAKE.

Not sure about fake feedback, but I have seen plenty of sellers who have "bought" a few hundred feedback comments in a day, lots of 1p ebooks and pictures etc..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 12:29 am 

Location: Not on Facebook, not in Screwfix, not in Dale Hill farm . . .
I've been threatened with the "leave positive feedback or you'll get negative feedback as a buyer" trick.

Suffice it to say my feedback score is still perfect and the rogue seller's account has been deleted from eBay.

Complain to their complaints centre - it does work.

(And one other thing: never ever ever have your eBay password the same as your Pay Pal password. Never.)

Rio Ferdinand on Twitter responding to Blatter's latest idiocy

Last edited by Other Steve on Sun May 13, 2007 12:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 12:44 am 

Why pay hundreds of $ s on dresses when you can own a beauty like this one that comes with a free maid for just $20. :lol:

http://profiles.sissyworld.com/sissywor ... iew-04.jpg

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 12:47 am 

Location: Not on Facebook, not in Screwfix, not in Dale Hill farm . . .
:shock:

Rio Ferdinand on Twitter responding to Blatter's latest idiocy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 1:23 am 

You tramp. Buying second hand clothes on eBay. FFS. Try Primark for similar cwap.

Post subject: Re: Feedback On Ebay
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 6:19 am 

Darwin's Selection wrote:
Jkernow wrote:
. .external labels had been cut out .

What sort of dress has labels on the outside?
I used tyo think that too, until a few years ago I whispered to Mrs E that the lady next to us had her dress on inside out. It was then I learned it is fashionable to have designer labels stitched on the outside of dresses, but not the size or washing instructions!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 11:04 am 

A close colleague of mine once bought a Phillipino wife on e-bay and was sorely disappointed with the goods received.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 2:57 pm 

oldpedant wrote:
A close colleague of mine once bought a Phillipino wife on e-bay and was sorely disappointed with the goods received.
A couple of points here.

A Filipino wife would by description be second hand.

Sorely? Problay because a visit to the clinic should have been the first consideration.

Best advice is to avoid e-bay, no matter how tempting the bargain maybe.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 3:47 pm 

Its Ebay so the motto is Caveat Emptor,this buyer obviously did not beware enough and found out that its a tough world out there