* FAQ   * Search
 * Register  * Login

Grumpier Old Men

"I don't believe it !" - Victor M.
It is currently Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:43 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject: EU Expenses
PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 9:00 am 

This has been a lively week with the gravy train throwing out a few sparks

For those who would like to see just how powerful the internet can be in booting our Lords and Masters in the pods would do well to marvel at the work done by Guido Fawkes, a self appointed sleuth who has so far this week had two Tory MEP's sacked, another two on the rack as we speak

I will be doing some research next week in the German language area of the Web to see if anyone over there has a similar agenda to Guido.

Get us OUT of the EU NOW

http://www.order-order.com/

This is how he gets them firede. One simple letter and if they don't answer, he nails them. Poetry in motion

Post subject: Re: EU Expenses
PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 9:11 am 

Location: Not on Facebook, not in Screwfix, not in Dale Hill farm . . .
Old Holborn wrote:

A web site that Private Eye should worry about. Far more readable, much more direct.

As for "Get us OUT of the EU NOW" I say no. Just stop paying any contributions or enact any of their legislation until they can deliver audited accounts. Hell might freeze over sooner.

Rio Ferdinand on Twitter responding to Blatter's latest idiocy

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 12:14 pm 

This might help (assuming they do vote no)

Remember, we were deprived of our promised vote by the mendacious Brown & Co, who, for that alone, should be out of office. Bastards.

Trying to blame the death of final salary schemes in the private sector on anything other than the Government is bollocks. Trying to justify tax payers funding schemes that are more generous than tax payers can get for themselves is bollocks.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 12:43 pm 

Location: Not on Facebook, not in Screwfix, not in Dale Hill farm . . .
Quote:
A No vote would throw the process into chaos.

Not least here. We might lose a few members dying laughing, several others might be incapacitated for while. Still we can but hope for a no vote. The rest of the EU may regret voting Ireland out of the Eurovision semi final.

Rio Ferdinand on Twitter responding to Blatter's latest idiocy

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 1:38 pm 

I think we can safely assume they will just keep asking until the Pig Eyed Micks say Yes. Then they will stop.

I cannot believe that all sorts of Plan B's have not been researched by our Lords and Masters in Brussels, including forced ratification.

80% of our laws are now made in Brussels by people none of us voted for.

I urge all readers to check this out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bM2Ql3wOGcU

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 2:02 pm 

Old Holborn wrote:

80% of our laws are now made in Brussels by people none of us voted for.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bM2Ql3wOGcU

So, do you think the people we did vote for make better laws?
Do you actually believe the next lot will?
Do you think tabloid readers should have votes?

Democracy only works for groups of under 5000 people, where one knows the candidates and their families personally.
Rest of the time you are voting for strangers in the blind hope that they are not lying and can actually do the job.

As far as control over what happens, I don't see much difference between Democracy and dictatorship. It's not as if we can do much about anything if we are not prepared to go out on the street like the French.
IOW, it makes effall difference to me if the laws are made in Brussels or in London.
The advantage of having them made in Brussels is that Europe can have worldwide influence.
If they are made in GB nobody gives a shit and we just tag along behind the yanks and their Israeli masters like a flea on a pet poodle.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 2:34 pm 

Sciatico wrote:
Democracy only works for groups of under 5000 people, where one knows the candidates and their families personally.

Tell that to the Swiss.

Sciatico wrote:
Rest of the time you are voting for strangers in the blind hope that they are not lying and can actually do the job.

Speak for yourself.

Sciatico wrote:
The advantage of having them made in Brussels is that Europe can have worldwide influence.

Nope. That won't wash. I would like a detailed account of how unelected, self appointed "leaders" in the EU have any worldwide influence at all.

They don't. In any way shape or form. They just suck our bones dry.

They haven't cured Aids, stopped in the invasion of Iraq, liberated Burma or Zimbabwe, ended 3rd world poverty, developed any useful technology, stopped any wars or furthered the plight of humanity one single jot.

The sooner we bvecome an independant nation, happily sitting in Europe, trading with our European partners the better.

Again, LOOK AT THE SWISS. Look at any index of wealth, happiness, democracy, GDP, living standards etc etc etc. Swiss are ALWAYS in the top three.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 3:02 pm 

I am a great fan of the Swiss democracy with much of the power in the peoples hands, the are only Associate Members of the EU, the pay a membership fee which is per capita higher than ours, however whilst this buys them market access they do not have to accept any of the laws.
The reality is that the UK has never made a brass Farthing out of the EU as our balance of trade with them has always been negative, we make our money from the ROW. The USA is our largest partner and from a business point of view it makes much more sense to be in NAFTA than the EU. However, with GATT and an expanding global economy we do not need to be a member of either.
If we left the EU the UK would increase it's GDP rapidly as the membership costs plus all the red tape has been calculated to cost us £30b+ PA.
As for Guido I check him out first thing each day, he brought down Hain and now he has his sights on all those MPs and MEPs that sup deep at the Public Trough.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 4:04 pm 

Old Holborn wrote:
Sciatico wrote:

Tell that to the Swiss.

They're even more miserable than the brits. The only reason they don't need to join any alliance is because they are sitting on huge piles of criminal money which prop up their own currency.

Old Holborn wrote:
Sciatico wrote:

Speak for yourself.

You personally know your councillors, MP's and the PM?

Old Holborn wrote:
Sciatico wrote:

Nope. That won't wash. I would like a detailed account of how unelected, self appointed "leaders" in the EU have any worldwide influence at all.

Via the Euro, gradually taking over from the dollar as the reserve currency of choice. (Means the EU can print bonds, which is how the yanks got rich)

Via import restrictions.
The EU is now the biggest economy in the world, overtaking the US.
Exporters don't care too much if they can't export to GB, but they do their best not to be excluded from Europe.
It's the EU who take on the likes of Microsoft, Monsanto etc.

Via a future miltary (or do you want to forever rely on the yanks?).

Old Holborn wrote:
They don't. In any way shape or form. They just suck our bones dry.

Numerous areas and people in GB have received EU grants and more could if they tried, so we do get money back. If we weren't part of the EU, we may have to pay import duties to trade in our biggest export market. They would really have us by the goolies.
As it is the currency banks skim 2% from everything my business sells in Euros.

Old Holborn wrote:
They haven't cured Aids, stopped in the invasion of Iraq, liberated Burma or Zimbabwe, ended 3rd world poverty,

Why should they? It's not Europe's problem. You are on record objecting to GB doing such things with your tax money.

Old Holborn wrote:
developed any useful technology, stopped any wars or furthered the plight of humanity one single jot.

Of course they developed useful technology. What do you think is made in European factories?
Have any EU countries been at war since the founding of the EU? Do you think they are more, or less likely to be now?

Pretty soon more countries will be banding together their currencies. There's talk of the Amero (when the dollar becomes worthless), a middle eastern unified currency and a far eastern one.

Old Holborn wrote:
The sooner we bvecome an independant nation, happily sitting in Europe, trading with our European partners the better.

Again, LOOK AT THE SWISS. Look at any index of wealth, happiness, democracy, GDP, living standards etc etc etc. Swiss are ALWAYS in the top three.

Why and what should Europe import from GB? The eastern European countries are gearing up to be the factories for Europe.
The swiss got rich on being a secret bank for criminals with a stable currency. GB can't do either because the uselss £ is going down the pan with the $. Why should anyone want £s instead of Euros.

GB by itself will be stuffed in the modern world unless it joins a gang. Personally I'd rather it were Europe than the US/Israel.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 5:36 pm 

Excellent retort.

At last some decent, informed debate on this effing site. Moz and Elvis'll be along in a minute to **** it all up.

In the meantime, as I prepare to counter your arguments, I have to feed 13 bastard teenagers (half of them German exchange students) with Pizza.

I'll be back later, the little shites

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 7:23 pm 

The only 'effing' thing that those elected to, or working for, the EU in Brussels, are any good at is claiming Expenses. At that they are bloody world leaders. BUt that is the only thing they are any good at. Unless we count lying and deceiving the public who elected them into accepting all their dubious legislation, which is almost impossible to understand.

Sciatico wrote:
Code:

Are stark raving mad, if you are prepared to vote for anyone in the blind hope that they might be both honest and capable of doing the job then you re part of the reason we are in the stranglehold that we are in. The EU spends most of its time in examing their own arseholes in the hope of finding that elusive brilliant idea, and failing miserably. As for World Wide Influence, just exactly what earth moving event was that, I cannot recall one single area in which they have succeeded at anything unless it was in getting their bloody constitution approved by all but the Irish. How they did that might justy qualify I guess.

As for OH feeding German Teenagers with Pizza, I do hope it is laced with something Toxic.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 8:53 pm 

dogman wrote:
As for OH feeding German Teenagers with Pizza, I do hope it is laced with something Toxic.

I have to say that German 18 year old girls are much more advanced than our fat emo mongs

Alte Holbornes "spezial" sauce it is then on the pizza, Frauleins.

They've gone bowling, the XXXXX.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 8:59 pm 

dogman wrote:
The only 'effing' thing that those elected to, or working for, the EU in Brussels, are any good at is claiming Expenses. At that they are bloody world leaders. BUt that is the only thing they are any good at. Unless we count lying and deceiving the public who elected them into accepting all their dubious legislation, which is almost impossible to understand.

So you understand british legislation?

dogman wrote:
Sciatico wrote:
Are stark raving mad, if you are prepared to vote for anyone in the blind hope that they might be both honest and capable of doing the job then you re part of the reason we are in the stranglehold that we are in.

Eerm, Most of the crap is done by the liars and incompetents you voted for here, not the EU. The stranglehold you are in is the utter lack of talent of the british politicians you keep voting in.

dogman wrote:
The EU spends most of its time in examing their own arseholes in the hope of finding that elusive brilliant idea, and failing miserably. As for World Wide Influence, just exactly what earth moving event was that, I cannot recall one single area in which they have succeeded at anything unless it was in getting their bloody constitution approved by all but the Irish. How they did that might justy qualify I guess.

The EU spends a lot of time getting 27 (!) countries to agree on each policy. I think all 27 have to agree on something before it can be universally accepted. The problem is that Brit media don't report on what's being discussed in Brussels (or even what happens in European countries in general) and I doubt Brits would be interested to learn what is being decided for the best of all European countries (including GB).

dogman wrote:

You're just jealous that they are almost certainly better educated than brit sprogs. Can't recall ever hearing of brit students being exchanged to experience a European country(correct me if I'm wrong). [/quote][/quote]

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 9:08 pm 

Erm, the EU sent a delegation to Bulgaria just today to try and stop the corrupt XXXXX being corrupt XXXXX.

Never mind what the Greeks, Italians and Romanians are up to.

A Northern European Alliance I may subscribe to. Filthy feral wops feasting univited at my table (and raiding the effing larder), I cannot.

Bastards

Who actually votes for an MEP?

No one. You vote for a party, who then select a "suitable" representative on your behalf. Like the two Guido exposed yesterday. Apparently, it may be difficult to sack them as they are now members of the "EU christian democratic alliance", not the Torys at all.

**** them all. **** them with the biggest **** stick money can buy, the XXXXX.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 9:14 pm 

oldrwb wrote:
I am a great fan of the Swiss democracy with much of the power in the peoples hands, the are only Associate Members of the EU, the pay a membership fee which is per capita higher than ours, however whilst this buys them market access they do not have to accept any of the laws.

The Swiss are members of the European Economic Area which is nothing to do with the EU.

They also take years to change anything sue to the constant need for referenda - the last canton only gave women the vote in 1990 ffs.

They also collaborated with the Germans in WWII (hence why we bombed them) whilst claiming to be neutral which makes them as trustworthy as the RoI.

The EU is also responsible for giving you most of the consumer protection rights you have now and many of your employment rights.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next