* FAQ   * Search
 * Register  * Login

Grumpier Old Men

"I don't believe it !" - Victor M.
It is currently Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:21 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 161 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:40 am 

Quote:
An opinion poll for the Daily Telegraph reveals that an overwhelming majority of the public are in favour of the plans. The YouGov survey found that almost three quarters of the public (69 per cent) support raising the detention limit from 28 days to 42 days "in exceptional circumstances". A quarter (24 per cent) oppose the plans.

Very sad. Only 24% can see what is really happening.

This evil government will get away with it. The very same people who erected a statue of terrorist Nelson Mandella are now busily emulating the South African government they supposedly despised.

The only result of this new law is that it will be relentlessy applied to anyone who dares to resist ZaNuLab, and that plod will apply less urgency to their "inquiries", knowing they have more time.

Trying to blame the death of final salary schemes in the private sector on anything other than the Government is bollocks. Trying to justify tax payers funding schemes that are more generous than tax payers can get for themselves is bollocks.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:04 am 

Olly Garchy wrote:

Very sad. Only 24% can see what is really happening.

This evil government will get away with it. The very same people who erected a statue of terrorist Nelson Mandella are now busily emulating the South African government they supposedly despised.

The only result of this new law is that it will be relentlessy applied to anyone who dares to resist ZaNuLab, and that plod will apply less urgency to their "inquiries", knowing they have more time.

Which proves that 76% of people in this country are idiots and have no interest
in their own liberty or living.

5 years from now people will start being permanently "disappeared", this is
just the start. This law is just building on the tyranny of the state that has
already been allowed to pass. Millions died to stop the nazis carrying this
out, and now we're doing it to ourselves.

We're f**ked.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:31 am 

I can’t see what the fuss is about. I fully support this action, but then again, I don’t intend to blow up tube trains or drive a burning car into an airport. You people are all the same, it is all about the terrorists and care not a jot about the victims.

If people don’t want locked up for terrorist offences, simply don’t join terrorist plot or go back to the Country you came from! What are we waiting for? Another 7/7? I would have preferred 90 days of 90 years, but we have to do what ever it takes to remove the scum off the streets.

Why can’t we put the British first for a change?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:37 am 

quirky wrote:
I can’t see what the fuss is about. I fully support this action, but then again, I don’t intend to blow up tube trains or drive a burning car into an airport. You people are all the same, it is all about the terrorists and care not a jot about the victims.

If people don’t want locked up for terrorist offences, simply don’t join terrorist plot or go back to the Country you came from! What are we waiting for? Another 7/7? I would have preferred 90 days of 90 years, but we have to do what ever it takes to remove the scum off the streets.

Why can’t we put the British first for a change?

You're clearly missing the point. If there is any chance in the world, despite
what rubbish politicos come out with, that this law will only ever get used to
inter terrorists, then I (and many of the remaining 24%) may reconsider.

However, with all ineptly implemented laws they will be abused by the
authorities. This has happened with damn near every law ever passed, and this
one will be no different. When you're banged up for 42 days without charge for
putting your bins out on the wrong day, you may reconsider.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:43 am 

Well see. I tend not to join jhadist groups, so I doubt I will be affected.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:47 am 

I was worried that the average terrorist suspect might not survive 28 days without food and water.

42 days ought to guarantee it.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:50 am 

quirky wrote:

Who said anything about jihadist groups?
The law is to apply to "terrorists", whoever they may be.
The shameful thing is, that this is being pushed through to preserve Gordon's political credibility.
Centuries of our rights sacrificed in order to please the vanity of a useless pm.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:55 am 

Squirrel Nutcase wrote:
Centuries of our rights sacrificed.

The 'right' to be murdered by immigrant suicide bombers? lock them up or kick them out, but FFS stop them before they destroy us.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:04 pm 

quirky wrote:

The law will apply to all so called "terrorist activity" which will include anything that is contrary to the wishes of the ruling party. Walter Wolfgang was arrested under s 44 the Terrorism Act for shouting the word "nonsense" at Jack Straw during a Labour Party conference.

If the authorities consider you to be a terrorist then they can lock you up for 28 days now, they want to detain you for a further fortnight and all they have to do is call you a terrorist suspect. They do not have to justify their actions beyond that.

'Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.'

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:09 pm 

quirky wrote:

Sigh, if you can't see the problem with laws being misued against groups the
law wasn't intended to effect, you are blind. Just the sort of person that
allows a state to become a tyrany. Well done.

Look up section 44 of the 2000 anti terror act and see how that has been
laughably abused by Knacker of The Yard.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:12 pm 

I suspect you may be wasting your time Quirky. You see, every so often the 'bandwgon' phenomena sets in on a forum.
This has happened here. In spite of being hopelessly out of touch with public opinion, our boyos will stick to their guns come what may. They should in future be known as the "Chakrabarti, bleeding heart, friends of Allah"
Sadly, their hatred of Gordon Brown has allowed them to adopt a "If Brown's for it, then I'm against it" mindset. While this might (I agree) apply most of the time, it does not apply all of the time.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:26 pm 

I despise terrorists and indeed all muslim fundamentalists, and I might have had some sympathy for these measures, then I learned that in the time we've had the 28 day law, we actually haven't locked any suspects up for anything like 28 days. Now there are apparently chief police officers (who will be New Labour puppets) saying they desperately need to extend that to 42 days. I could understand this maybe if there had been cases of terrorists getting off because 28 days hadn't been enough but if they're not using the time they have now, what's the point? It seems so arbitrary. Wasn't it 90 days they originally wanted? I wonder if they just pull these figures out of their arses.

They tell us this is necessary and ID cards are necessary and cameras everywhere are necessary and storing our DNA and fingerprints is necessary and car tracking and road charging are necessary and we're slowly but surely allowing ourselves to become subjects of the State. I don't wear a tinfoil hat, it's the colossal waste of money and the principle of me having to subjugate myself to the State that I object to most.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:31 pm 

But if I'm paid £3000 per day, wouldnt it be worth stretching it out a little? !!!!

Another, ehm 14 days, that would pay to bring the rest of the family over, buisness class! :)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=-Cd9M4QpAas&feature=related

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:39 pm 

Victor Fawlty wrote:
They should in future be known as the "Chakrabarti, bleeding heart, friends of Allah"

Chakrabati is a fool, yet she speaks more sense than you. I'm no friend of
Allah the sky pixie. Muslims are scum, much like christians.

Quote:
Sadly, their hatred of Gordon Brown has allowed them to adopt a "If Brown's for it, then I'm against it" mindset. While this might (I agree) apply most of the time, it does not apply all of the time.

Brown is a fool as anyone knows. However it's not that fact which worries me.

People implementing laws tend to be doing so for the right reason - they
believe the laws they enact will solve a problem. Two small problems with that.
One is that this is done to try and make Brown look useful. Secondly, it'll
make no difference what so ever, but will give powers to any future government to
lock up anyone they choose to.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:51 pm 

I was watching the debate on the 42 days on BBC Parliament. (I know I am a sad bastard).
There is £3000 PER DAY compensation IF you turn out to be innocent.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 161 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next