* FAQ   * Search
 * Register  * Login

Grumpier Old Men

"I don't believe it !" - Victor M.
It is currently Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:23 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 120 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 Post subject: Bogtrotters STUFF the EU
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 11:35 am 

The BBC hate it and can't yet admit it

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/7452171.stm

But others now know that the EU is about to have a bit of a crisis

http://www.order-order.com/

**** you Brown. **** you Brussels.

27 Nations, as required, can no longer ratify your treaty.

I am going to get so bastard drunk tonight toasting the bog trotters

Well done!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 11:43 am 

Hooray for the Irish! I salute you

This is turning out to be the best week of politics in months.

Remember EU - there is no plan B

Take your constitution, your 'steamlining', your superstate and your hypocritical lip-service and stuff it up your farkin' @rse.

Once again - shame on our government for not given us a say on it.

Can we stop paying to subsidise Balkan gypo's now please?

The BBC anouncing it through clenched teeth is wonderful.

Oh happy day.........

:lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 11:50 am 

A lot of chatter on the blogs condemning the Irish for being ungrateful after receiving billions from the EU. They are one of the few EU states to be allowed a referendum, and I reckon many more countries would reject it if they were given the luxury of a vote. This treaty of Lisbon was just a rehash of the previous rejected effort, and my congrats to the Irish for seeing past all the smoke and mirrors put up by Brussels.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 11:51 am 

Cracking stuff.

'Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.'

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 11:52 am 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 11:53 am 

An island nation to the west of the mainland comes to Europe's rescue...
And that used to be Albion's job!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:05 pm 

Meaningless . The Reichfuhrers in Brussels will ignore this and tell the Irish Govt to hold another vote and another until they get the result necessary .
Done it before and will do it again . If that doesnt work,change the rules and force the spudmunchers to do it anyway.

And hardly a word in dissent from the Freeloaders and Ponces aka the MEPs, too busy gorging at the trough to care.

-- Casey Stengel (1890 - 1975)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:10 pm 

Excellent news.

BUT, can someone explain to me why (according to the BBC News) Brown has telephoned President Sarkozy to say that the UK will press ahead with ratification ?

My understanding is that the treaty is dead in the water if one nation won't sign up.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:15 pm 

Great. A bunch of thick micks voting to ensure that Russia, the USA+Israel, the Chinese, the Arabs, the Indians and virtually any place with economical clout can dictate terms to any poxy individual country in Europe they feel like.
Hopefully in future the decision to vote on EU matters will be left to the elected governments of countries instead of thick plebs who are too dense to understand the big picture.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:16 pm 

Roscoe Rules wrote:
BUT, can someone explain to me why (according to the BBC News) Brown has telephoned President Sarkozy to say that the UK will press ahead with ratification ?

My understanding is that the treaty is dead in the water if one nation won't sign up.

He called because he is a complete carrot.

He can only ignore us for so long

France, Holland, Ireland and Denmark have now all said no. As much as they would like to ignore us, eventually, when the smouldering ashes have stopped smoking, they will realise that if they want a effing fight, they can have one.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:17 pm 

Sciatico wrote:
Hopefully in future the decision to vote on EU matters will be left to the elected governments of countries instead of thick plebs who are too dense to understand the big picture.

Sore loser eh?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:25 pm 

Quote:
OFFICIAL NOTICE

There is no need to panic buy, there is no shortage.

Plenty of tankers will soon be ensuring plenty of supplies.

There is plenty of Guiness, Murpheys and Magners to go around - as long as noone is greedy and selfish about their own share (that the MEPs job).

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:45 pm 

God bless the Irish. Shove that treaty up their arses.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:52 pm 

Sciatico wrote:

What utter tosh, hopefully in future the great and good in Brussels will understand that in a democracy they are the servants of the people and not the other way round. Hopefully they will consider the rights of the people to have a say as to how their daily lives are governed, how their hard earned taxes are spent.

Perhaps in future when considering the introduction of such far reachig changes as envisaged by the proposed constitution or the Lisbon Treaty they will consider making it accessible to all as opposed to making the text so impenetrable that the average citizen has little hope of fully grasping its full meaning. It is not the job of the EU Commision to draft such documents so they are incomprehensible, it is their job to ensure we can all understand it. I do not want some faceless official in Brussels or Westminster, or for that matter an unelected Prime Minister telling me that he knows what is best for the country and not giving me the chance to have my say.

I want to have the facts laid before me and the various arguments made so I can express my preference.

'Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.'

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:55 pm 

Sciatico wrote:

Interesting argument

Tell us, when your past girlfriends said "no" did you take it as a "yes" and carry on regardless. Did you twice say to them "You mean yes, you just don't know it, so stop saying no, it won't stop me arse raping you anyway"

I see no logical reason when a country says NO why it shouldn't also mean NO

Or are the EU masters simply Date Rapists?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 120 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next