* FAQ   * Search
 * Register  * Login

Grumpier Old Men

"I don't believe it !" - Victor M.
It is currently Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:50 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 Post subject: How very dare he..
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:05 am 

I am incandescent with rage. I cannot at the moment find the words to express the utter contempt and fury I feel towards Mr Brown right now. I will rant further once I have clamed down a little.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/7492573.stm

Does anyone know of a hitman that I could hire?

Post subject: Re: How very dare he..
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:22 am 

I quite like clam chowder.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:23 am 

Pravda/BBC are in overdrive on Radio 4 at the moment.

Apparently, I am not allowed to start work until I have eaten all my Muesli.

effing idiots.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:26 am 

Chew on that gristle, suck on that rind....

Here's Gordon setting a fine example of 'waste not want not'.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=6VaP1HB7Vew

(Or could that be waste snot want snot)

I wonder if he's ever seen this clip?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:29 am 

I wonder who has the order to print the Ration Books.

I once thought that ZNL was in it for the dosh, now I am convinced they are in it for the dosh but insane as well.

Brown is toast as I suspect that SNP will win Glasgow East.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:25 am 

Times are hard.

Pravda has declared that we must only use one sheet on paper to wipe our arses on, eat lung offal and graze on waste ground. Belts must be tightened if you proles are going to continue giving us the highest tax yield any government has ever imposed on it's citizens.

Meanwhile, the budget for ID cards now stands at around £20 BILLION, the NHS Database is still not in sight, Iraq saps a Billion a week, benefit/welfare claimants have never been higher, the Olympics looms, new aircraft carriers are ordered, £50 billion is tied up in a failing bank, petrol tax has neverf been higher, income tax has never been higher, public sector spending/employment of the useless has never been higher, bonuses for the civil service have never been higher and MP's pay and expenses has never been higher.

Dawn, a bloke called Micky at the White Hart in Braintree will send anyone to the fishes for around £500. Apparently he has mate whose lobster pots always need bait.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:32 am 

I hate to say this, but I'm in full agreement with them on this one.
There is much too much food being wasted at all levels.

Anthony Worral Thompson and many other foodies are trying to bring the unnecessary waste problem to the attention of the public via TV progs.

Forget the environmental impact, just think of the cost:
Quote:
An estimated 6.7 million tonnes of household food waste is produced each year in the UK, most of which could have been eaten.

http://www.wrap.org.uk/retail/food_waste/index.html
Quote:
The organisation said the survey suggested people were in a state of denial about the amount of food they were wasting.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/6456987.stm

No waste food in this house! :!:

Edit: While OH thinks it's all to do with money. :roll:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:37 am 

Elvis wrote:

You think spending £20 Billion on an ID card scheme is not about money?

New Labour will always outspend their anbility to raise it. When did they say, times are tough, we will reduce petrol tax and income tax to help you make ends meet?

No, what they are saying is "you lot make cutbacks whilst we piss whatever you earn up the wall, alright? Now get back to work"

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:40 am 

Now I see that John Prescott was way ahead of his time. He ate everything on his plate... and everything on everybody elses plate.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:41 am 

I’m glad a thread has been started on this, otherwise I would have done it myself. It’s the usual disgraceful talk from the usual people.

I also find amusing that they’ll be trying to stop supermarkets making special offers (i.e : two for one) so not do they only dictate to ourselves, they are now also dictating to businesses in the current difficult climate as to what they can and can’t do. All this means is that the current price of expensive food which some supermarkets try to get round with offering special deals, will just remain as expensive if not increase in price. Good move Labour...really good move.... :roll:

When will they learn that we are not happy with the ridiculous prices and taxation in this country? When will they learn that if they want to win voters the only way to do this is to stop wasting money themselves. Start spending it where it’s really needed and start cutting taxation in fuel and food immediately. They already earn a truly colossal amount from us as it stands. Lets cut they’re budgets and see how they like it... At least they’ll stop wasting themselves when they don’t have it.

Brainless morons. When will this relentless misery and life under a dictatorship end?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:43 am 

I will stop wasting food when the supermarkets stop forcing to buy more than I need.

The day I can buy four spuds to make mash or 200g of grapes for a Waldorf salad rather than a plastic bag or box containing five time what I need, my food bill will go down.

As usual, the myopic snot gobbler has missed the point and is preaching to the wrong audience.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:44 am 

Old Holborn wrote:
Elvis wrote:

Cost of ID cards has nothing to do with food waste, which is what I thought this thread is supposed to be about.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:48 am 

Elvis wrote:
Old Holborn wrote:
Elvis wrote:

Cost of ID cards has nothing to do with food waste, which is what I thought this thread is supposed to be about.

No sweety, this thread is about the government lecturing us about waste whilst funding one legged lesbian drop in centres that no one legged lesbians attend.

Go and have a lie down

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:50 am 

CJ wrote:
I will stop wasting food when the supermarkets stop forcing to buy more than I need.

The day I can buy four spuds to make mash or 200g of grapes for a Waldorf salad rather than a plastic bag or box containing five time what I need, my food bill will go down.

As usual, the myopic snot gobbler has missed the point and is preaching to the wrong audience.
So why not tell snot gobbler to reorganise supermarkets and their sales ideas?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:53 am 

Becuase it is no business of the State to tell supermarkets what they can and cannot sell us or how, that's why.

CJ, if you want to buy four potatoes, go to a green grocer or your local market.

(Gordon issued this latest Diktat from the G8 Summit in Japan by the way. He hired a private jet from Dallas to take him there. Cost? $500,000)

Last edited by Old Holborn on Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next