* FAQ   * Search
 * Register  * Login

Grumpier Old Men

"I don't believe it !" - Victor M.
It is currently Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:57 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Grumpier dead men
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 4:56 pm 

What about a grumpier obituary page, would be nice to pay my last respects to my grumpy old tw@tmates

I have left instructions with Mrs Crutch to post the news of my passing on GOM, hope the rest of you would do the same. :salut: (this one has legs)

Post subject: Re: Grumpier dead men
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:35 pm 

Sort of on the subject [but I hope not!] is there any news of Elvis or Mozo that's possible to talk about?

Blaise Pascal

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 5:02 pm 

Location: Not on Facebook, not in Screwfix, not in Dale Hill farm . . .
So let me get this right

a) Mrs Crutch has your logon password - is that wise? We'll now think it was her that's posted all your best/worst (select as appropriate) stuff when you were down t pub.

b) The plan is the next GOM that dies with password un disclosed has to post the bad news from beyond the grave - spooky and jeez could we expect a right old moan about their recent events.

Seriously if people want to try such a thread then why not. I think there will be difficulties though. With over 4,000 members, an average age of 50-ish and over 4 years of operation then sadly it's likely to be well into double figures the number that have died. However the only one I definitely know of is Arsey (aka Arsetornaway aka Arsey's Ghost) who rather embarasingly was actually still banned here when he died.

Rio Ferdinand on Twitter responding to Blatter's latest idiocy

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 5:28 pm 

Hmmmmm Thanks OS for such a quick response, I almost died waiting :pale:

Now I'm on a roll what about my last suggestion about Velcro fridge magnates :thumright:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 4:24 pm 

When I finally pop my clogs, I wouldn't expect my ghost to come back to haunt you all. I suspect I'll just 'vanish' into the next realm of moaning somewhere and that'll be the end to it... No one has my password.

Being slightly morbid here, I wonder who will be the first to push up the daises out of the current regulars here? Who'll be the last?

Have we heard from Mozo, recently? I know he decided to call it a day with his deteriorating eyesight but that was last October. I know a nephew of his did post on his behalf a few months later but that was it. :?

Elvis left in a strop after being temporarily barred because he kept on posting pointless one-line posts and posts solely containing Smilies. I suspect he's still out there in dusty Spain somewhere...