* FAQ   * Search
 * Register  * Login

Grumpier Old Men

"I don't believe it !" - Victor M.
It is currently Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:58 pm

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 222 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 10:06 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2005
Posts: 12068
Location: Dystopia
miss demeanor wrote:
Cj - don't they also have to buy the first round, just to make them cough and splutter at London prices and all that shite.. :wink:


Absolutely - except that the Cheshire is the chaeapest pub I've seen (Wetherspoons excepted) - I think it's under two quid for a pint!

So no excuses then! The northern moths will be flying freely.

_________________
The Dipmeister wrote:
I also know very little about human anatomy, but I can recognise an arsehole when I encounter one.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 10:10 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2005
Posts: 4735
Location: College House
CJ wrote:
miss demeanor wrote:
Cj - don't they also have to buy the first round, just to make them cough and splutter at London prices and all that shite.. :wink:


Absolutely - except that the Cheshire is the chaeapest pub I've seen (Wetherspoons excepted) - I think it's under two quid for a pint!

So no excuses then! The northern moths will be flying freely.


Even I'd travel to pay less than two quid a pint.

Someone once told me the North was cheap. They were wrong.

_________________
One thing I'd really hate...is to have a nail banged through the back of my neck.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 10:11 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2005
Posts: 12068
Location: Dystopia
Seriously Affs - I bought two pints and got over £1 back from a fiver. Absolutely staggering.

Down side is it's Sam Smiths - 1.3% ABV I suspect!

_________________
The Dipmeister wrote:
I also know very little about human anatomy, but I can recognise an arsehole when I encounter one.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 10:14 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2005
Posts: 9497
Commuting from time to time as I do bewtween the Great Metropolis and CHeshire I am always shocked about change. Buy a round up here, hand over a tenner and get a pocketful of shrapnel. Do the same in London and get asked for your Visa card.

_________________
Delete all of it


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 10:17 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2005
Posts: 9497
Why isn't this off topic. Redpants?

_________________
Delete all of it


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 10:19 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2005
Posts: 6578
Location: Watching You
So people notice it. Moan again and it'll be a sticky!

_________________
Only in it for the grumping.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 10:20 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2005
Posts: 12068
Location: Dystopia
simonjolly wrote:
So people notice it. Moan again and it'll be a sticky!


That's what he says to all the girls.

_________________
The Dipmeister wrote:
I also know very little about human anatomy, but I can recognise an arsehole when I encounter one.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 10:22 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2005
Posts: 4735
Location: College House
Nick wrote:
Commuting from time to time as I do bewtween the Great Metropolis and CHeshire I am always shocked about change. Buy a round up here, hand over a tenner and get a pocketful of shrapnel. Do the same in London and get asked for your Visa card.


Bloody Manchester just wants to be London too much. Including in the price of everything.

The only places left to get a cheap pint are small Yorkshire towns that are stuck in the dark ages.

_________________
One thing I'd really hate...is to have a nail banged through the back of my neck.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 10:26 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2005
Posts: 9497
And parts of Wales. There is a place in Llandeillo where they pay you to drink. Can't recall the name. But they get a grant from the Welsh Assembly, I guess.

_________________
Delete all of it


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 8:26 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2005
Posts: 3081
Location: South London
Hi guys, is this definately happening as I need to make arrangements for social services to look after the brat on Wednesday if that is the case?? :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 8:45 am 

Joined:
I's still going ahead Miss D. :D


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 1:05 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Nov 03, 2006
Posts: 29
Grumpmeister wrote:
Not fair!!!! All I'm getting are these little red crosses. I want to see :evil:

all i get is the bloody effing red "x"s too. have i still broke the bleeding internet?


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 222 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group