* FAQ   * Search
 * Register  * Login

Grumpier Old Men

"I don't believe it !" - Victor M.
It is currently Fri Jul 10, 2020 6:45 am

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2005
Posts: 4636
Location: Berkshire
Dr. Grump wrote:
What opinion concerning the universal intellectual inferiority of any believer, again you are trying to imply something I have not said
You wrote:
"Personally I would wipe out all religions and rid this world of the backward retards that follow any of it".

I immediately accepted that the genocide interpretation is down to misreading the sentence. You meant wipe out religion (but you don't say how) which might therefore result in no more believers.
However it's difficult to see how the underlined bit doesn't imply intellectual inferiority of any believer.

Dr. Grump wrote:
The abolition of slavery, the thousands of charities set up, education for more than just the rich, does not justify your religion or any church.
I agree, just as any bad deed by a believer is no reason in itself not to follow that religion; no act, good or bad, changes whether it is true or not.
I wasn't using good deeds to justify religion, merely challenging your assertion that all religion is badly applied.

I think you missed the deeper implications of my hypothesised scenario. I won't try the expand that, partly because it generates two many trains of thought for a forum thread, but also because it was largely intended for personal reflection.

_________________
An alternative view - Trying to be constructively grumpy
Pro God, Anti Religion
Most grumping territory is down to turning our backs on our creator


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:42 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 17, 2014
Posts: 1464
Location: Occupied Aberdeenshire, Scotland, U.K (IO87ud)
Quote:
Religion and God in the modern age, holds mankind back in many ways. It is outdated with no evidence of any God 2000 years on, yet we still have parents drumming the idea of a God into the heads of children far to young to come to a decision about the pros and cons of a God and we still go to war over it.

In the distant past God and religion was something that if it did not exist someone would have had to invent it to keep public order, that might explain why throughout the world there are so many religions all with a code of conduct of their own all with the same basic rules.



I think I have posted this comment elsewhere, but the great Carl Sagan presents an excellent and well reasoned / referenced argument in "pale blue dot" that were it not for the oppression of science by religion (in particular by the Catholic church) we would likely have colonised Mars by now.

Interestingly, the Muslim culture comes off rather better in Dr. Sagan's analysis, ready as they were to at least adopt the observational scientific method, particularly as applied to astronomy.

_________________
Under the shade of the Average Tree, where they hand out mediocrity, I saw you with "Alchemy" under your arm, standing in the middle of a long queue.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:49 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 08, 2013
Posts: 573
Location: Alpha Quadrant
CJ wrote:
Kenneth wrote:
DUH!


Just how old are you Kenneth? You sound like a petulant teenager.

You're not Vandrederick by any chance are you?


Would you prefer I said "You dimwitted, brainless, ignorant, fat oaf" instead?
Who or what is Vandrederick (I don't speak much dutch)?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:06 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 20, 2005
Posts: 13325
Location: Reading and the Marina Alta
I have had a pm from Kenneth asking me to comment, although I am not sure on what.

Anyway, for the record I have never had any problem with Kenneth, I have no interest in Jews, Zionists, Palestinians, or Semites in General.

We have just arrived in TLOTD, (nowhere near Benidorm), and my no. 1 priority is sorting out an implant supported lower denture. It all sounds rather painful, (and very expensive).

If anyone has any experience of implants, grateful if they would pm me or strart a threadtiasnd I but

_________________
A Fully paid up member of the Berkshire Hunt


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:12 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2005
Posts: 4636
Location: Berkshire
D P Dance wrote:
I have had a pm from Kenneth asking me to comment,....
The "p" in pm is there for a reason. Unless Ken specifically told you (beforehand) that it was OK you have no business revealing the contents, or even really the existence, of pm's.

I've said it before, but the wilful divulging of pm on open forum should attract an automatic short-term suspension, and not in secret.

_________________
An alternative view - Trying to be constructively grumpy
Pro God, Anti Religion
Most grumping territory is down to turning our backs on our creator


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:38 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2005
Posts: 12068
Location: Dystopia
Eyeore wrote:
I've said it before, but the wilful divulging of pm on open forum should attract an automatic short-term suspension, and not in secret.

By the neck or the goolies?

Just so we know...

_________________
The Dipmeister wrote:
I also know very little about human anatomy, but I can recognise an arsehole when I encounter one.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:38 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jan 27, 2005
Posts: 870
Location: I am over here.
I think DPD is demonstrating just how desperate Kenneth is to get support for his pointless crusade to enlighten us of the conspiracy's that only he knows about.
According to Kenneth we are all sheeple and therefore too stupid to think for ourselves, only he can save the planet. I was not aware that patients in mental institutions were allowed to use the internet, Kenneth you will be in trouble if matron finds out.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:38 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 08, 2013
Posts: 573
Location: Alpha Quadrant
Not at all. Hardly anyone ever visits the Combat zone, so how would they be able to voice any opinion on Jethro's comment.
As for my differences with Eyeore, Religion is a form of hypnotism that people are particularly prone to due to their subconscious desire for a father figure to solve all problems. You can't combat hypnosis (or phobias) with logic so I don't bother any more.
Presently I am more interested in how the meaning of various words has been reversed in the minds of the brainwashed to actually aid a despot racist regime by condemning anti-racist opponents of it.
Sadly, way over the heads of Sheeple, who can barely manage a Tabloid...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:40 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2005
Posts: 8395
Location: West Cornwall, near the pasty mines.
Kenneth wrote:
Not at all. Hardly anyone ever visits the Combat zone, so how would they be able to voice any opinion on Jethro's comment.
You would be wrong in thinking that Kenneth, this thread has been viewed nearly 150 times in three days. I have been monitoring it.

The fact is your views and continuous hijacking of threads are wearing thin most on here are getting sick of it, not just me.

The advice in the quote from the Doc, shown below is sound, you are too stupid to take it on board.

Dr. Grump wrote:
Maybe if you only very occasionally made reference to it you might be taken more seriously, My guess would be, most see you as a crank.
you bring Zionism up on nearly every post, making yourself a very boring poster, with no support for your argument because you keep on and on. I have not seen one word of support for your Zionist plot views from anyone.
Even if you were right in your Zionist conspiracy plot ideas, nobody would take you seriously because you are like a cracked record. You certainly have no idea about how to best get your message across.


If you think you are so well supported, why not run a poll, I'm sure your fans will be flocking to support you.


Kenneth wrote:
As for my differences with Eyeore, Religion is a form of hypnotism that people are particularly prone to due to their subconscious desire for a father figure to solve all problems. You can't combat hypnosis (or phobias) with logic so I don't bother any more.
Presently I am more interested in how the meaning of various words has been reversed in the minds of the brainwashed to actually aid a despot racist regime by condemning anti-racist opponents of it.
Sadly, way over the heads of Sheeple, who can barely manage a Tabloid...
There you go again, we are all brainwashed. :roll: You seem to think you are bright,a cut above the rest, well informed. The fact is your post. make you look two slices short of a picnic.

_________________
When my life is over And my time has come to pass
I want to be buried upside down So the world can Kiss my Arse.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 08, 2013
Posts: 573
Location: Alpha Quadrant
So, "Kenitico's Anti-Zionist shitbin" has attracted about 150 views in just 3 days!
So much for being "boring"! Shot yourself in the foot there, ya Plonker.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2005
Posts: 8395
Location: West Cornwall, near the pasty mines.
Kenneth wrote:
So, "Kenitico's Anti-Zionist shitbin" has attracted about 150 views in just 3 days!
So much for being "boring"! Shot yourself in the foot there, ya Plonker.


The only plonker here Kenneth is you.
Kenneth wrote:
Not at all. Hardly anyone ever visits the Combat zone, so how would they be able to voice any opinion on Jethro's comment.

150+views later and not one post supporting your views. Your Zionism posting is boring the arse off most people.
They view this thread, to come and see you make a fool of yourself, it is guaranteed entertainment, like watching the village idiot in the stocks. It is the only reason you have not been booted, we are enjoying the spectacular display of stupidity you have been putting on for us.

_________________
When my life is over And my time has come to pass
I want to be buried upside down So the world can Kiss my Arse.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:07 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2005
Posts: 4364
Location: Essex. In a pikey free oasis.
The thing is, there is a hint of truth in what Kenny says.

The four bys and the masons run the planet.

If anyone thinks otherwise, they are a tad naïve. [IMHO of course.]

Carry on name calling children.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

_________________
So it seems OS is R.I.P so did Jim elope on his own?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 08, 2013
Posts: 573
Location: Alpha Quadrant
Careful there Rob, you'll get censorised, stigmatised and ostracised.

Did you say something, Jethro?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:47 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2005
Posts: 8395
Location: West Cornwall, near the pasty mines.
Kenneth wrote:
Did you say something, Jethro?

No but I'm about to.

Rob wrote:
The thing is, there is a hint of truth in what Kenny says.

I do not doubt that for one minute Rob, it must happen to a small degree, but nothing like on the scale Kenny sees in his little world of conspiracy.

Kenneth has been banned before for flogging his Zionist views to death on here, he has returned and still has learned nothing.
This is not and never will be the place to hijack every other thread with anti zionist shite, even if there was a fragment of truth in it. There has to be a limit the same applies to any other person who felt it would be right to hijack threads with their personal crusades and ignored repeated warnings from the mods to stop.


Rob wrote:
The four bys and the masons run the planet.

Not too sure about the Masons Rob my dad and my brother were both masons, they never ruled the world or got any special treatment for their masonic works, but they did raise a stack of money for charity. It was not for me, could not be doing with all that ceremonial shite they did, it was all very snobby, I hate that kind of thing.

_________________
When my life is over And my time has come to pass
I want to be buried upside down So the world can Kiss my Arse.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:47 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 08, 2013
Posts: 573
Location: Alpha Quadrant
I see they have brought in Davide Axelrod to advise your pending prime minister on how to hijack Britain.
Save up for more wars against "your" hated enemy.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group