* FAQ   * Search
 * Register  * Login

Grumpier Old Men

"I don't believe it !" - Victor M.
It is currently Sun Aug 09, 2020 2:35 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:11 pm 

Just had words not an hour ago with a dickhead of the first order.

Talk about moron clone adhering strictly to a script....FFS!!! :bounce:

I was purchasing an item at a Garden centre and had dealt with "manager" --unworthy of Upper Case !!

"If you could pop your PIN Number in the machine ,Please?!"

I wouldn't have bothered arguing, but he had seen fit to correct me umpteen times about DIY and Garden matters in general in the preceding 15 minutes , sufficient to provoke a simmering urine situation! He frankly knew feck all!! Time had arrived for a return salvo!!

"Actually , I suggested " There is no such thing as a PIN Number --Its either a P.I. Number or its "Please insert your PIN!" It stands for Personal Identification Number, so to ask for a PIN Number indicates one is unaware of what one is saying --or is acting out a script--Which is it??"

"HE DID NOT LIKE THAT!!"
" We are told in training to ask customers to 2 Please insert your PIN Number--so that is what we do, and will continue to do --because that is right!"

" As I said PIN stands for Personal Identification Number...so it is superfluous to add the word "number" at the end"

"No , it isn't...we wuz told we must always ask for the PIN Number Please...so thats what we do.
If we dont say please it bad manners."

" Please is good, its more than a lot of shop staff ever say, but don't you see asking for a PIN Number is idiotic, and indicates to those educated folk you get in here that maybe you don't know what you are saying!""

" Sir, I have to draw your attention to this notice, I will not continue this discussion, as I feel I am being offended!"

So as soon as you point out to the twat that he is making himself look a total rsole everytime he asks for a PIN NUmber--he still continues to do so, and reaches for some Health& Zaferty get out when he fails to see what a total Prat he is!!

I mentioned the conversation to the Owner as I left, and she apologised, and said " That bloke works here under suffrance as he has a degree from somewhere, and cannot get a job as a teacher.!"!

I gave her a knowing look and suggested I knew why. She concurred, and added that she couldn't allow him to even do the labels for new fruit trees they had just got in, as he spelled APPLE with only one "P" and Pear as "Pair"........Aaaghhh!!!!!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:02 am 

He he! Annoying isn't it? :wink:

There is a shop in our town that sells tropical fish and all the gubbins you might need to make a fish pond etc. Outside is a sign saying "Koi carp for sale". I'm afraid I could not resist so I went inside and said, 'Excuse me but you are effectively saying "Carp carp for sale" '. The drongo behind the counter said he didn't understand until I pointed out that "Koi" is Japanese for carp. It still sailed over his head. :roll: :lol:

Another bugbear of mine is this: 'Has that amplifier been PAT tested?'. PAT of course stands for Portable Appliance Test. :roll:

Women love taking boiling hot showers because it reminds us of hell, where we come from.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:54 am 

ATM machine
HIV virus
ISBN number
LCD display
Please RSVP
PAC code
GPS system

All summoners of Capra aegagrus.

A woman doesn't want a man's opinion, they just want to hear their own opinion repeated back to them in a deeper voice.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:50 am 

These are all covered by "Acronym Theory".

To summarise:

TLA Three Letter Acronym

ETLA Extended Three Letter Acronym (that is, a four letter acronym)

SETLA Super Extended Three Letter Acronym (a five letter acronym)

Then we have:

TTLA Tautological Three Letter Acronym for all the previous entries such as the P.I.N. Number

Got it?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:07 pm 

I recently saw a story where a guy ordered some food from Mcdonalds. The McLackey asked for his name so he told them it was "Stephen, with a Ph". When he received his food it said at the top of the receipt "Phteven".

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:42 am 

Jigglypuff wrote:
I recently saw a story where a guy ordered some food from Mcdonalds. The McLackey asked for his name so he told them it was "Stephen, with a Ph". When he received his food it said at the top of the receipt "Phteven".

Perchance he has a lisp?

If you're anxious and you know it...

Clasp your hands.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:05 pm 

Jigglypuff wrote:

You forgot the bit were he completely bolloxed up the order having made him wait in one of the parking bays for fifteen minutes.

Mutants, they walk amongst us, they stand behind us in the queue, they drive their cars on the same roads as we do, they eat in the same restaurants, we work with them, we share the planet with them, this is a shame.