* FAQ   * Search
 * Register  * Login

Grumpier Old Men

"I don't believe it !" - Victor M.
It is currently Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:08 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 148 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: Coronavirus UK
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:25 am 

She will look for a new boss I hope. People are making themselves more important than they really are, starting with the Mayor of London.

I am trapped at home with a decorating project. The guy who was due to start work today has understandably cried off. My wife has said it would be the perfect way for us to occupy our time over the next week. I HATE DECORATING . I'm off to Sainsburys to catch the virus.

My wife has discovered that B&Q are an 'essential ' retailer and will be open after today...………..bastards.

https://www.englandgolf.org/clubs-and-c ... 98,3HXW5,1

Any doubt that the situation is serious has now been dispelled.

The problem with playing golf with the seniors is that half the players could not see where your ball went and the other half can not remember.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 4:46 pm 

You'll be fine as B&Q will not be opening from tomorrow onwards.
https://www.diy.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:55 pm 

CriticalMass wrote:
You'll be fine as B&Q will not be opening from tomorrow onwards.
https://www.diy.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

B&Q stores are only closing so they can prepare stores for supplying essentials only. There is a list of things like lightbulbs, plumbing accessories, nuts & bolts, and anything that would be required for maintenance of a property. Stuff like bathrooms, toilets, paint, plants & shrubs (except fruit-bearing) and other 'home-improvement' items will not be on sale. The plan is for anyone wanting essential items to be in and out of the store as quickly as possible with the usual 'day out' approach to these stores being negated.

A woman doesn't want a man's opinion, they just want to hear their own opinion repeated back to them in a deeper voice.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:40 am 

Machiavellian Bosses in our midst.
Friend phoned today, he is still working along with around 100 others, (PAYE, based at a central location), delivering and collecting demo cars to 'try before you buy' customers, nationwide. They are designated 'key workers', because they can't work from home.
They are travelling the length and breadth of the country each day, sometimes a one way trip means returning by train and taxi, all the while, the scheming bosses are weedling around any government proclamations. I don't for one second believe they are the only ones.......

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:51 am 

One friend is complaining bitterly over the way she and her colleagues are being treated by their management. The company is keeping its factories open by claiming they are producing hygiene items such as hand sanitisers and wet wipes when in reality over 90% of their production is non-essential cosmetic items like lipstick, blusher and face powders. Staff are being told they are key workers and if they stay at home they won't get paid by the company.

A woman doesn't want a man's opinion, they just want to hear their own opinion repeated back to them in a deeper voice.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 1:11 pm 

Obviously a slow news day at the Beeb ;

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-52027348

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 2:51 pm 

But not at the Guarniad it seems...

UK coronavirus mass home testing to be made available 'within days

This could be a game-changer.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:38 pm 

Boundah wrote:
But not at the Guarniad it seems...

UK coronavirus mass home testing to be made available 'within days

This could be a game-changer.

Only for key workers and NHS initially.

Chris

Dum Vivimus Vivamus

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:18 pm 

sixaparrat wrote:
Boundah wrote:
But not at the Guarniad it seems...UK coronavirus mass home testing to be made available 'within daysThis could be a game-changer.
Only for key workers and NHS initially.
I have no problem with those priorities.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:53 am 

One positive from all this brew ha ha is that attention seekers and all of their
1st world problems are now being seen for what they really are .
Unimportant.

Malcolm X

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:30 am 

I heard an old friend of mine from the Met, who was with me on traffic, had the virus about 10 days ago. His son just phoned, he died Tuesday afternoon. :cry:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:25 am 

Jethro wrote:
I heard an old friend of mine from the Met, who was with me on traffic, had the virus about 10 days ago. His son just phoned, he died Tuesday afternoon. :cry:

I am so sorry to hear that, Jethro. It sometimes hurts as much to loose a friend as a family member.

Edward Bulwer- Lytton 1839 historical play - Cardinal Richelieu

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:32 pm 

Sorry to hear the news, Jethro, just shows that this needs to be taken seriously by all of us.

I did our weekly shop at Sainsburys this morning. I went about 10 as I thought the NHS and key workers and elderly had first dibs. I'm not 65 until July so do not reward myself as past it.

What a bunch of tossers.

We queued for the entrance as it was one in one out basis. I stood at least two meters behind the guy in front, only to have Sainsbury employee invade my space to tell me that I must stay 2 metres away when I got into the store...pillock. Once in the store, people were milling around dithering over which to buy, I had a list and was in and out in short order. 90% of what I bought was fresh, fruit ,vegatables,milk, butter, and very little was 'stock pilable'. I was there on a need basis, not nice to have. People were expecting everyone else to stay away, but they had the right to go where they please. Utter nonsense.

The problem with playing golf with the seniors is that half the players could not see where your ball went and the other half can not remember.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:57 pm 

Jethro wrote:

So sorry- simply awful. Like Cancer it doesn't respect anyone :(

Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rapidly promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of shit by the clean end.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:00 pm 

williamtravis wrote:
One positive from all this brew ha ha is that attention seekers and all of their
1st world problems are now being seen for what they really are .
Unimportant.

Hopefully the end of the ridiculous 'woke' movement. I've seen lots of criticism of them in the press recently.

Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rapidly promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of shit by the clean end.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 148 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next