* FAQ   * Search
 * Register  * Login

Grumpier Old Men

"I don't believe it !" - Victor M.
It is currently Mon Mar 08, 2021 9:05 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Post Covid Travel
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:24 am 

When this pandemic is over, and air travel resumes - Do you think there will be a box to tick saying you don't want to fly Boeing 737 max or anything powered by Pratt and Whitney jet engines?

Post subject: Re: Post Covid Travel
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:38 pm 

Fortunately I holiday in the UK (which is now known as a 'Staycation' for some reason :roll: ), so it's just a case of get in the car and go.

When it comes to commercial flight, I wouldn't be overly surprised if there was some sort of quarantine period (maybe not as severe as it is at the moment) or quick Covid testing on return flights for at least the next couple of years. As for flights leaving the UK...who knows?

What worries me more than anything isn't so much the testing - it's the issue of eroding people's privacy.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:52 am 

Top of my bucket list is a cruise down the Danube, but I have put it on hold sine die. I am now considering a stay in a spa hotel in Bohemia instead.
s

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:01 pm 

I am off to Canada at the earliest opportunity. Covid fecked up my holiday to Toronto but I got a full refund and even a bit of compo for being messed around in the process so as soon as the blocks are lifted me and the Meh'm Sahib are off to see our friends in Mississauga.

A woman doesn't want a man's opinion, they just want to hear their own opinion repeated back to them in a deeper voice.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:05 pm 

I can't see us getting away this year.

Firstly, Boris and his 'experts' will no doubt move the goalposts as they've been doing for almost the last twelve months. Therefore we'd have to delay or cancel any potential booking anyway. I can't be bothered with that hassle.

Secondly, t'other is unfortunately someone who has been listening to all the scaremongering on the news ever since all this Covid business started. I'm all for being cautious as that's only common sense. However, unless it's a visit to the supermarket, a walk around the block or for one of her monthly blood tests, she doesn't go out at the moment. She's taken it not quite to the 'extreme' as some people I know, but has certainly gone over the top.

I'd love to get away for a weekend somewhere come the autumn, but I just can't see it happening. Not this year. I think the best we'll muster are days out in the car.