* FAQ   * Search
 * Register  * Login

Grumpier Old Men

"I don't believe it !" - Victor M.
It is currently Mon Apr 19, 2021 12:48 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 879 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 55, 56, 57, 58, 59
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 7:07 pm 

If I knew who had made that poster I would set my Dog on them. :x

Edward Bulwer- Lytton 1839 historical play - Cardinal Richelieu

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:57 am 

A disturbingly Orwellian party political broadcast by the SNP ;

https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/wat ... -broadcast

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2021 7:06 pm 

Alba have now rolled out Robert the Bruce (a man of Norman extraction, I believe), to bolster the cause ;

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/poli ... t-23898537

1314, if I recall correctly - nothing like being progressive.

They also have a fascination with the flag of Tenerife, presumably they hope to holiday there soon - good luck with that.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2021 3:51 pm 

The Scottish Greens manifesto (admittedly the "easy read" version) - they appear to be planning to drop the voting age to 6.

https://greens.scot/sites/default/files ... syRead.pdf

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2021 4:08 pm 

hindmost wrote:
The Scottish Greens manifesto (admittedly the "easy read" version) - they appear to be planning to drop the voting age to 6.

https://greens.scot/sites/default/files ... syRead.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

..".now when you are all sitting comfortably; then I'll begin". springs to mind. :roll:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2021 6:51 pm 

It's soul destroying to be infantilised by both the SNP, and those who keep them in power.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2021 6:45 am 

Simple question

Today, Scotland spends more money that it collects in taxes, England subsidises them.

If they get independence, will they cut spending or raise taxes to balance the budget? Or just put it on a credit card as they did before with Darien affair?

The problem with playing golf with the seniors is that half the players could not see where your ball went and the other half can not remember.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2021 7:49 am 

Most likely all of the above, given the useless shower of sh*t "politicians" we're currently infested with.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2021 7:59 am 

whostolemyhair? wrote:
Simple question

Today, Scotland spends more money that it collects in taxes, England subsidises them.

If they get independence, will they cut spending or raise taxes to balance the budget? Or just put it on a credit card as they did before with Darien affair?

If they become independent they will have their own currency. The first thing they will do is adopt parity with the Euro. This would obviously be a back door way into rejoining the E.U. and the Euro. The E.U. will take over the role of subsidising Scotland.

Standard E.U. harmonisation policy. Cash bailout in exchange for sovereignty would mean an end to any notion of independence. :cyclopsani: :

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 879 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 55, 56, 57, 58, 59