Vaccination Poll

Have a good moan here about anything you like.

Moderators: old misery guts, CJ, Jethro, Crumpy Gunt

Will you be getting the jab?

Yes
88%
No
4%
Maybe
8%
Mind your own fecking business
No votes

Total votes: 25

whostolemyhair?

Re: Vaccination Poll

Post by whostolemyhair? »

When we have 100% herd immunity, you can be reckless. Until then, an ounce of commonsense is required.
The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off.

The problem with playing golf with the seniors is that half the players could not see where your ball went and the other half can not remember.
old git

Post by old git »

whostolemyhair? wrote:I am amazed at the ignorance on this.

People think they need take less care once they have been jabbed..... :roll:
I can't help thinking there could be a link between the sheer persistence of this virus... and illegal immigration. (The real number of illegals is un knowable)

Possibly half the immigrants are here illegally. They will be part of the 'black' economy and therefore do not qualify for furlough. They are also barred from receiving benefits. The consequence is that illegals living in h.m.o. accommodation and going about their nefarious business could be spreading the virus. Add to that mistrust of the vaccine and you have a perfect storm.
The pen is mightier than the sword... Take away the sword; States can be saved without it!

Edward Bulwer- Lytton 1839 historical play - Cardinal Richelieu
Rudolf Hart

Post by Rudolf Hart »

Ah yes - Herd Immunity........the Herd will of course become smaller though.

Define 'Herd' - it'll keep the professors and scientists busy for years.
Tolerance is a set allowance that ensures a good fit and smooth running. Any more tolerance and things get sloppy or don't work at all.
We live in a very, very tolerant society already.
whostolemyhair?

Define 'Herd'
Only applicable when Peter Frampton was involved.

The problem with playing golf with the seniors is that half the players could not see where your ball went and the other half can not remember.
Boundah

Post by Boundah »

That's it then! I've had my jab so I'm off out to party like it's 1939. :roll:
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

A woman doesn't want a man's opinion, they just want to hear their own opinion repeated back to them in a deeper voice.
whostolemyhair?

out to party like it's 1939

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5mtclwloEQ" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Rudolf Hart

Post by Rudolf Hart »

The pubs are opening on Monday and are expecting huge attendances. Guess what? It's also a Teacher Training Day.
Tolerance is a set allowance that ensures a good fit and smooth running. Any more tolerance and things get sloppy or don't work at all.
old git

Post by old git »

Rudolf Hart wrote:The pubs are opening on Monday and are expecting huge attendances. Guess what? It's also a Teacher Training Day.
Some teachers have got so fat doing sod all in lockdown they might not even get in the door. They will probably have to have their drinks brought out to them in the beer garden :o
The pen is mightier than the sword... Take away the sword; States can be saved without it!

Francis Bacon

Post by Francis Bacon »

old git wrote:Some teachers have got so fat doing sod all in lockdown they might not even get in the door.
My children experienced remote teaching from January until March 8th, when schools reopened. Every morning they each had a one hour live lesson in which the tasks for the day were set and discussed; they had additional live lessons at various times during the day. Work was emailed home, completed and submitted to a school email account for it to be marked and returned a day or two later. Not only did the teachers at that school not do 'sod all', it wouldn't surprise me if they had been working substantially harder than usual.

I've seen both of my children's teachers since school restarted and neither of them showed any perceptible increase in weight, although let's not let facts get in the way of an opportunity to talk bollocks. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Frac hands the glyph of bogosity to the monk.
old git

Post by old git »

I thought that might get a response.

Every time. :lol:

whostolemyhair?

Had my first Pfizer vaccination in mid Feb in Wiltshire. Moved house last week. Before we moved I asked the GP where we moved to if I should drive 65 miles back to have No 2 or stay local. I was assured that I could get the second vaccination here.

Was called up for second vaccination in Wiltshire the day we moved to Somerset. I declined because I believed them. Now the GP has washed his hands of me, the 119 phone line says they can not help me because I had Pfizer (as if I has a choice) and I have less than a week before I go more than 12 weeks between vaccinations.

Apparently, I am on a list....and the CLR* Hancock says it has been a huge success.

*cocky little runt

Rudolf Hart

Post by Rudolf Hart »

One has to wonder what type of person seems it essential to have a foreign holiday, when they have been on furlough doing f*** all for a year.
One also has to wonder that if they are paying the inflated holiday prices,, furlough pay was set too high?
whostolemyhair?

I went into the GHP surgery to find out was going on. I am still on a list, and the 'manager' will call me. I sarcastically asked where the manger sat in the hierarchy between the receptionist and Matt Hancock.

I went off to the vaccination centre, and asked, about 3 p.m. if there were any Pfizer left overs available. Eight no shows meant I could nip home for the wife and we were both getting our No 2 vaccination half an hour later. With three days to spare we were done! I dropped by to the GP to tell them all was done, thanked them for their help and told them not to worry or waste time on us as we were sorted.

An hour later, the GP surgery rang me, a manager was calling me to tell me that they had a zero tolerance to abuse of staff........being sarcastic counts as abuse. So three weeks of no contact and being put on a phone list three times for a call did not mean I would get a call, but asking if anyone could help me when we were a couple of days away from being out of date for the second jab sarcastically meant the manager would ring me to deliver a bollocking the same day. As I had tried very hard to be polite to the ladies and was seriously concerned for my wife as she was desperate to see her family after the second jab, I was not rude, frustrated and unwilling to accept a non answer, but no bad or offensive language, no insults or disparaging remarks, except about 119,which they agreed on. The GP's surgery are in a difficult position, and are being sadly let down, but they do not seem to be very helpful.

The next day, I was called to arrange a date for a second jab....................

Rudolf Hart

Post by Rudolf Hart »

So, lockdown restrictions are being extended to July 19th. The papers are saying if restrictions were eased as planned, it would put at risk all those who haven't been vaccinated as well as those with only one jab. My daughters have all 'only had one jab' and currently won't get their second until August - two or three weeks after restrictions are lifted. With the under thirties waiting until september for their second jab. Given their reasoning for this extension, it is mathmatically proven that restrictions can't be lifted until end of september at the earliest.
old git

Post by old git »

I can't help but think this Government invites brickbats by being long on promises and short on their delivery. It would seem to me that putting up some arbitrary date will inevitably be latched onto by everyone regardless.

Wouldn't it be more sensible to say that restrictions will only be lifted when the conditions permit? .... I don't think Corona Virus keeps a diary. :roll: