* FAQ   * Search
 * Register  * Login

Grumpier Old Men

"I don't believe it !" - Victor M.
It is currently Sun Oct 25, 2020 10:34 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:37 am 

Sometimes, you wonder ' what sort of world do I live in'.

I went to the pet shop to get a name tag for our new puppy. I was told not to put the name on , as dog thieves would then know what name to call to recall the dog. FFS

I pointed out she was a basset, so she never comes back and if they could get her to recall, good luck, because I can not get her to acknowledge me. My neighbours here me screaming her name with no result every day.

The problem with playing golf with the seniors is that half the players could not see where your ball went and the other half can not remember.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 11:05 pm 

I had one of those moments today. I had spent a not inconsiderable amount of time and effort making a wooden notice board to hang on the gate giving our customers clear and unequivocal advice to wait and phone us before entering the premises. The aim is to ensure that there is no "milling about" at the entrance and by restricting customers to 'one in - one out' any physical contact can be avoided.

The system seemed to be working well until one bright spark decided to ignore the sign (You couldn't miss it!) and march straight in. "I thought you were expecting me" was his excuse. "I told him to phone" said his exasperated wife.

I do sometimes wonder why I bother.! :roll:

Edward Bulwer- Lytton 1839 historical play - Cardinal Richelieu

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:48 pm 

Regarding the dog tag-
a good friend of ours told us the same about names on the tag. Our Cocker, as Cockers do, is more interested in his own interests and hobbies than to pay any attention to us!
I found an engraving service on the Bay of Evil who put 'I am Chipped' in big letters on one side and your phone numbers on the reverse. No name and no address. Seemed like good thinking so I bought several. Inexpensive so the poor pup is bedecked with them :mrgreen:

Reference signage for customers-
I'm retired now, but when I had my high street photo printing business, I used to design posters for the windows and the outside swing signs to inform customers of new services and specials offers. These we printed on our wide format inkjet printers. Did they ever read them? Did they f*ck! So they'd come in to ask us if we...blah blah -just as was all over the windows :roll:
I often thought people would take more notice if I stripped naked, painted myself blue, and danced up and down on the shop floor! Sadly I didn't- it might have got us more publicity :mrgreen:

Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rapidly promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of shit by the clean end.