The Conservative Party Leadership Race

Have a good moan here about anything you like.

Moderators: old misery guts, CJ, Jethro, Crumpy Gunt

getalife

Re: The Conservative Party Leadership Race

Post by getalife »

Apparently Boris now NOT standing, repeat NOT standing??????
Boundah

Post by Boundah »

Say that again? :shock:
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

A woman doesn't want a man's opinion, they just want to hear their own opinion repeated back to them in a deeper voice.
getalife

Post by getalife »

The old etonian silly boy apparently has no balls.
williamtravis

Post by williamtravis »

I can only deduce that some dirt has been dug up on BoJo.
" The white liberal is the biggest threat to the black man "

Malcolm X
Boundah

Post by Boundah »

I would love to see a May/Sturgeon bitch fight! :D

A woman doesn't want a man's opinion, they just want to hear their own opinion repeated back to them in a deeper voice.
oldpedant

Post by oldpedant »

Boundah wrote:I would love to see a May/Sturgeon bitch fight! :D

In cold porridge.
A climate change heretic (and Workmate restorer)
Boundah

Post by Boundah »

Gove lies his way to his declaration to stand...

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/201 ... -candidate
(check the May 2016 video snapshot at the bottom of the article) :shock:

Algernon

Post by Algernon »

I think that there is a little more to the decision of Boris Johnson not to run for leader of the Conservative party than meets the eye. Theresa May has said that if she is elected leader then she will appoint a special minister to deal negotiations with Brussels over the UK's leaving the EU. Who better than Boris Johnson the person who made the Brexit idea/vote work?

If Boris should accept the position and he made it work even if he got very little from the EU than he would be the hero of the hour. Alternatively if he simply sits on the back benches biding his time and making rude noises about the negotiations with Brussels and in due time very little is gained from the negotiations, the country and the Conservative would be in uproar then he would be in a very good position to be the next leader but one of the Conservative party

This could be a very smart move Boris - your call
magog

Post by magog »

Algernon wrote:I think that there is a little more to the decision of Boris Johnson not to run for leader of the Conservative party than meets the eye. Theresa May has said that if she is elected leader then she will appoint a special minister to deal negotiations with Brussels over the UK's leaving the EU. Who better than Boris Johnson the person who made the Brexit idea/vote work?

If Boris should accept the position and he made it work even if he got very little from the EU than he would be the hero of the hour. Alternatively if he simply sits on the back benches biding his time and making rude noises about the negotiations with Brussels and in due time very little is gained from the negotiations, the country and the Conservative would be in uproar then he would be in a very good position to be the next leader but one of the Conservative party

This could be a very smart move Boris - your call
Also he has likely been told by the Tory Grandees that he needs a experience at the heart of government before he should aspire to the top job, but the theory above sounds very plausible.
Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction.

Blaise Pascal
magog

Post by magog »

Have you seen the latest horror vid. from the BBC showcasing an apparently well thought of tory Grandee who has been dressed by War on Want??

Watch and weep http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-36717447" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction.

Blaise Pascal
Crumpy Gunt
Site Admin

Post by Crumpy Gunt »

I am slightly pissed that Theresa May stay in is leading this race given that she had absolutely f**k all to say during the referendum other than she wanted the UK to remain in. She's sat on the fence for so long her arse must be sore. To me it's a travesty if a 'we should stay in' campaigner (not that she campaigned) should end up being our next PM. She comes across to me as a right scheming sneaky snidy bastard who is slithering into the job on the back of the misfortune of far better people who either have no personality or have chosen to fall on their own swords. At least all of the others had opinions and were not afraid to express them. Does May have a personality?
I suppose Jesus loves Jeremy Corblimey plus the newt, his fuckbuddy and a few acolytes. The rest of us think they are utter twats.
Francis Bacon

Post by Francis Bacon »

Crumpy Gunt wrote: Does May have a personality?
No. She has a talent for hogging the middle of the road; that way nobody else can get past.
Bring back common sense.
Bob Tappin

Post by Bob Tappin »

She's been disastrous as Home Secretary.

Failed to manage border control properly with her UK Border Force (Farce) - just the classic politicians trick of renaming something that was failing and continually making blunders.
Failed in any way to deal with immigration.
Failed to get rid of the Hate Preachers - the Americans had to step in, in the end :roll:
Unable to control the judiciary who keep over-ruling her and putting themselves above parliamentary decisions. That's her worst crime of all. She should have got a grip on that years ago.

She would be a terrible choice as Prime Minister.

If she gets in she obviously will not implement Brexit.

Dave said he would do it on June 24th if it was a Leave vote. He lied.
Then they said they would do it after the new leader is chosen. They won't.
Now May has said, if it's her, she will do it "sometime in 2017", which means never.

She could be the end of the Tory party. UKIP might get 8 million votes next time (many as protest votes).

Any one but May, not that any of others appeal at all.
Last night I held a little hand, it made my sad heart sing, it was the loveliest hand I've ever held; four aces and a king. (Benny Hill)
magog

Post by magog »

Bob Tappin wrote:Image

She's been disastrous as Home Secretary.

Failed to manage border control properly with her UK Border Force (Farce) - just the classic politicians trick of renaming something that was failing and continually making blunders.
Failed in any way to deal with immigration.
Failed to get rid of the Hate Preachers - the Americans had to step in, in the end :roll:
Unable to control the judiciary who keep over-ruling her and putting themselves above parliamentary decisions. That's her worst crime of all. She should have got a grip on that years ago.

She would be a terrible choice as Prime Minister.

If she gets in she obviously will not implement Brexit.

Dave said he would do it on June 24th if it was a Leave vote. He lied.
Then they said they would do it after the new leader is chosen. They won't.
Now May has said, if it's her, she will do it "sometime in 2017", which means never.

She could be the end of the Tory party. UKIP might get 8 million votes next time (many as protest votes).

Any one but May, not that any of others appeal at all.
Well Bob here we are , the Gove creature has been dismissed for quite awful behaviour, Leadsom is so stupid as to think that clearly the ability to have children is both a reason to be a favourite and the inability to do so a disadvantage.
"If she gets in she obviously will not implement Brexit." My word ,you must have the inside track here. She cannot override the referendum , not even remotely possible, but you are absolutely sure.
I don't often say this but in my humble opinion you are really talking bollocks ,weapons grade.
We have arrived at a position, thanks to the vote to leave, where Theresa May is the favourite, there is no other contender which says very little for the cabinet but that is likely what we are going to get.
Embrace what you have triggered .

Blaise Pascal
Bob Tappin

Post by Bob Tappin »

magog wrote: Well Bob here we are , the Gove creature has been dismissed for quite awful behaviour, Leadsom is so stupid as to think that clearly the ability to have children is both a reason to be a favourite and the inability to do so a disadvantage.
"If she gets in she obviously will not implement Brexit." My word ,you must have the inside track here. She cannot override the referendum , not even remotely possible, but you are absolutely sure.
I don't often say this but in my humble opinion you are really talking bollocks ,weapons grade.
We have arrived at a position, thanks to the vote to leave, where Theresa May is the favourite, there is no other contender which says very little for the cabinet but that is likely what we are going to get.
Embrace what you have triggered .
You have to be able to read between the political lines. :mrgreen:

They are all repeating the same phraseology.

The plan is to negotiate the terms of exit with the EU. How long will that take? Who knows? Years maybe. And then after that they will present the exit terms to the electorate and have another referendum.

They are stating that "people voted for exit without knowing what the terms would be" - "it is only right that once the terms are established they should be presented and then decided upon".

Last night I held a little hand, it made my sad heart sing, it was the loveliest hand I've ever held; four aces and a king. (Benny Hill)