The Conservative Party Leadership Race

Have a good moan here about anything you like.

Moderators: old misery guts, CJ, Jethro, Crumpy Gunt

old git

Re: The Conservative Party Leadership Race

Post by old git »

whostolemyhair? wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 2:55 pm If I vote for her, I am accused of being racist , if I vote for him, I am accused of being sexist.

Which to choose?
I would choose which ever one you think would make the best P.M. Personally, I would choose Rishi over Truss based on the fact that he has made £200M from modest beginnings. You need to understand money to make it big in money and that must stand him in good stead. Another thing. Boris made him Chancellor for a reason. He was a wizard with the economy.

What has Liz Truss ever achieved?
The pen is mightier than the sword... Take away the sword; States can be saved without it!

Edward Bulwer- Lytton 1839 historical play - Cardinal Richelieu
whostolemyhair?

Post by whostolemyhair? »

Do I choose to be racist or sexist? I would not trust either of them to run a bath.
The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off.

The problem with playing golf with the seniors is that half the players could not see where your ball went and the other half can not remember.
old git

Post by old git »

whostolemyhair? wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 8:02 am Do I choose to be racist or sexist? I would not trust either of them to run a bath.
IF you are still a member of the Tory Party then say goodbye to Rishi. The Party membership will never vote for Johny foreigner as PM but they would never admit to being racist either. Heaven forfend!... Perish the thought... :mrgreen:
The pen is mightier than the sword... Take away the sword; States can be saved without it!

Edward Bulwer- Lytton 1839 historical play - Cardinal Richelieu
Boundah

Post by Boundah »

whostolemyhair? wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 2:55 pm If I vote for her, I am accused of being racist , if I vote for him, I am accused of being sexist.

Which to choose?
If I vote for her, I am accused of being an idiot; if I vote for him, I am accused of being an idiot.

Which to choose?
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

A woman doesn't want a man's opinion, they just want to hear their own opinion repeated back to them in a deeper voice.
Rudolf Hart

Post by Rudolf Hart »

I wouldn't vote for either of them. Despite their promises, whoever loses will be a subservient nodding dog in the cabinet (or back benches) The new Prime Minister will be the 'shop dummy' anyway. The real power is wielded by the chancellor, as we are now finding out.
Tolerance is a set allowance that ensures a good fit and smooth running. Any more tolerance and things get sloppy or don't work at all.
We live in a very, very tolerant society already.