* FAQ   * Search
 * Register  * Login

Grumpier Old Men

"I don't believe it !" - Victor M.
It is currently Sun Feb 23, 2020 9:34 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:15 pm 

I had to post a parcel recently. I happened to be in town so went to the main post office where, as I was 'just posting a parcel', I was directed to an automated, self-service point. The first step was to place the parcel on a weighing machine and it all went down hill after that. The instructions that appeared on screen after that might as well have been written in Swahili for all the use they were. It asked me the size of the package but gave me no way of measuring, or even estimating it - a simple tape measure would have helped a lot.

After that it was all a blur... First class, Second class, Signed for First class, Signed for Second class, Next day delivery, Same day delivery, Delivery guaranteed ( :shock: what does that suggest will happen to my parcel if I use any other option FFS?)... Those are just the ones I remember.

All I wanted was the cheapest option but you didn't get to see the price until you had selected the option. I ended up calling an assistant over who confided that nearly everyone who didn't use the till regularly had problems with it. Why didn't they ask that before they directed me to the damn thing? :evil:

A woman doesn't want a man's opinion, they just want to hear their own opinion repeated back to them in a deeper voice.