* FAQ   * Search
 * Register  * Login

Grumpier Old Men

"I don't believe it !" - Victor M.
It is currently Fri Jul 10, 2020 6:20 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 12:30 pm 

old git wrote:
Is there ANYONE with a more annoying tone in his voice than John McDonnell??

Not only does he tell us how Labour will "transform" our ives - which is frightening enough - but he does it in such a condescending, patronising manner.

I could understand if he was taking in hand a bunch of hysterical teenagers with the intention of imparting an aura of confidence and authority about how things would be done from now on ...but he is addressing a TV audience of millions of adults; many of who will not appreciate being talked down to and hopefully many of whom will also see the danger of the Labour message.

Apparently McDonnell was raised as a Catholic, trained as a Priest but is now an Atheist.

That's all.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:17 am 

Apparently McDonnell was raised as a Catholic, trained as a Priest but is now a condescending Marxist tw@t.

There, I've fixed it for you. :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 1:03 pm 

Seems he can't decide between believing in a giant sky fairy or Corbyn's magic money tree. :mrgreen:

Edward Bulwer- Lytton 1839 historical play - Cardinal Richelieu

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:53 am 

I read in today's Observer that there is a very small possibility that Boris Johnson could lose his Uxbridge seat in the election it is is said that various groups are plotting against our Boris. It seems that there has been a study done by GCHQ about voting patterns in this constituency and so I would imagine similar studies would have been carried out in all constituencies

Can someone please tell me why GCHQ is being involved in British domestic politics? As I understood it GCHQ was there to protect our interests and not to spy on us!!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 2:27 pm 

Nothing to do with Cheltenham

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conservat ... adquarters" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 5:14 pm 

Can someone please tell me why GCHQ is being involved in British domestic politics? As I understood it GCHQ was there to protect our interests and not to spy on us!!

It's odd to me too. GCHQ. I get most of it but not the C........ Gender "C" Heterosexual Queer.

I'm not a huge fan of alphabet activists, especially when I have no feckin' idea what the letters represent.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:58 am 

Sorry about the mistake DP - I really must get my eyes tested - however, I would like to know what interest Cheltenham is taking in the general election, purely as a training exercise of course

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:32 pm 

Government Communications HeadQuarters. Our version of CIA's base in Langley Virginia. Best not to get on the wrong side of them....

Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rapidly promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of shit by the clean end.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:45 pm 

Latest from the Libs - they will make available the £50 billion from cancelling Brexit.
That surely means they will tax UK businesses the extra £50 billion ?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:17 pm 

Rudolf Hart wrote:
Latest from the Libs - they will make available the £50 billion from cancelling Brexit.
That surely means they will tax UK businesses the extra £50 billion ?

That is what they imagine will happen.

In reality if we remain in th E.U. and the U.K. economy continues on it's downward trend (along with other E.U. member States) then the Lib Dems will no doubt still blame Brexit for everything; just as they do now.

Even if I am proved wrong (it doesn't bother me either way) and the economy doesn't loose the projected £50 Billion it doesn't equate to a tax revenue of anything like that amount.

Not to worry. Jeremy Corbyn has a money tree in his garden so even if they get together with the Lib-dims there will be plenty to go round. :o

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:12 pm 

Has anyone noticed the distinct absence of JRM and Abbot ?

Must be what passes for "PR" this time round.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:26 pm 

As I sit in Miami airport, waiting to return from a golf holiday, I dread returning to the nonsense of the election.

It appears to be a competition to bribe most voters with most undeliverable ways of giving away most money. None of the electorate seem to understand that it has to be paid for. ....

The problem with playing golf with the seniors is that half the players could not see where your ball went and the other half can not remember.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:05 pm 

whostolemyhair? wrote:
As I sit in Miami airport, waiting to return from a golf holiday, I dread returning to the nonsense of the election.

It appears to be a competition to bribe most voters with most undeliverable ways of giving away most money. None of the electorate seem to understand that it has to be paid for. ....

What I am confused about is this apparent abundance of cheap money available to which ever bunch of numbskulls assume power. On the one hand we have the International Credit agencies downgrading the U.K. credit rating... yet again ... but on the other hand, we have the Chancellor (haha) waxing lyrically about how cheap it is to borrow oodles of cash for all our hearts' desires.! :mrgreen:

We also have Nigel Farage going flip flop on Brexit. One moment Boris Johnson's deal is a worse version of Mrs May's deal and "not Brexit"... then, low and behold, he is pulling candidates from Tory hopeful seats.

A plague on all their houses. :(

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:40 am 

whostolemyhair? wrote:
None of the electorate seem to understand that it has to be paid for. ....

I think we do though. The problem is we will not have a 'None of the above' option on the ballot paper in order to get the message through to these self-important recta.

A woman doesn't want a man's opinion, they just want to hear their own opinion repeated back to them in a deeper voice.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:29 am 

We have gone through nearly ten years of austerity just so these arrogant sh1ts can borrow billions because interest rates are low and spaff it up the wall - whoever spaffs highest, wins.
Shame these loans aren't fixed interest though................

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next