* FAQ   * Search
 * Register  * Login

Grumpier Old Men

"I don't believe it !" - Victor M.
It is currently Fri Jul 10, 2020 6:32 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:34 am 

I said Boris would walk it and he has. We must, however, surely owe a huge debt of gratitude to Dianne Abbot for the result. Corbyn may be finished but the SNP is still a threat to the U.K. I predict a move towards U.D.I. for Scotland.

All good fun, ain't it ?.

Edward Bulwer- Lytton 1839 historical play - Cardinal Richelieu

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2019 11:39 am 

Woke up to sunshine, warmth, birds singing and butterflies in the garden of Tony.T Towers! Purely due to the joyous news !
At least that odious racist bigoted terrorist loving marxist won't be troubling us any more. My pension fund is smiling again :mrgreen:

Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rapidly promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of shit by the clean end.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:21 pm 

Two cheers from me, I suspect that he will come unstuck over Scotland, I am stockpiling gas marks ad umbrellas..

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2019 4:37 pm 

I genuinely feared this time yesterday that it would be a hung parliament. Maybe I was paying too much to mainstream liberal propaganda which until recent days I've done well at avoiding.

Well, what can I say? I'm relieved that I won't ever have to deal with a Corbyn government. He would have absolutely ruined us and youngsters still banging the Corbyn-drum even today really do need to be better educated with regards to politics and taught balance. There's place for a left-wing party - but not certainly Corbyn's version of Labour.

Whilst I know I've said Boris isn't strong enough and most Tories in today's Conservative Party aren't really 'conservative' by my own definition, they're certainly the lesser of both evils on offer in the election and I'm delighted to have seen them win so comfortably. I'm hoping it gives Boris a much needed boost and get this country moving forward after being effectively paralyzed for the last three and a half years.

Did anyone notice both the FTSE 100 and the pound surged this morning...?! More positive news, there...

As a special treat to myself this morning, I even stomached tuning into the BBC for half an hour or so before breakfast to see how they were coping. It was very amusing to see Andrew Marr squirming, looking like someone had just pi**ed in his cornflakes! He really had an issue with the Conservatives 'The People's Party' slogan, immediately showing his bias by saying "what if you're against the people?" or words to that effect... He wasn't even hiding his dissatisfaction.

I do worry about Scotland, though. Sturgeon really is like the Pied Piper...

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2019 6:22 pm 

I also enjoyed the unhidden distaste that Marr and Edwardes greeted the day on BBC. One of the best things about today has been watching the BBC squirm.

Does this mean that Boris can buy some new water cannons for the Extinction Rebellion riots? With no Theresa May to stop him, he should be able to get both barrels working.

The problem with playing golf with the seniors is that half the players could not see where your ball went and the other half can not remember.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2019 6:36 pm 

I just hope Boris Johnson manages to find the time to try once more to get Mrs Zaghari Ratcliffe released from Iranian custody. He owes it to her.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2019 7:09 pm 

old git wrote:
I just hope Boris Johnson manages to find the time to try once more to get Mrs Zaghari Ratcliffe released from Iranian custody. He owes it to her.

Yep- spot on. I really feel sorry for that lady and her family. What a dreadful situation. Send in the SAS....

Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rapidly promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of shit by the clean end.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2019 10:32 pm 

Tony.T wrote:
old git wrote:

Yep- spot on. I really feel sorry for that lady and her family. What a dreadful situation. Send in the SAS....

I would. :wink:

Take 'em by surprise... and before they can say "Allhu Akbar".... she's been whisked away. :P

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2019 1:30 pm 

She is a dual national, there is nothing we can do.

In any case, having had some experience in these matters, I am not convinced that she was entirely innocent of the charges.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2019 3:39 pm 

D P Dance wrote:
She is a dual national, there is nothing we can do.

In any case, having had some experience in these matters, I am not convinced that she was entirely innocent of the charges.

What evidence do you have? Please share :!:

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2019 6:51 pm 

I do not have any evidence, but I have worked with employees of a certain Government Department on occasion.

I have also been British Consul in Houston, where many dual nationals live. The USA is very strict about consuls not interfering where dual nationality is concerned

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6