* FAQ   * Search
 * Register  * Login

Grumpier Old Men

"I don't believe it !" - Victor M.
It is currently Sun Aug 09, 2020 2:07 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 311 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next
 Post subject: Re: Coronavirus UK
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2020 11:52 am 

whostolemyhair? wrote:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-52596410" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Are all the teachers on furlough?

Teachers that are not going in to schools are teaching remotely from their homes.

A woman doesn't want a man's opinion, they just want to hear their own opinion repeated back to them in a deeper voice.

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2020 10:46 am 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-52601750

Always thought the man is a complete moron, but this proves the point.

The problem with playing golf with the seniors is that half the players could not see where your ball went and the other half can not remember.

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2020 6:22 pm 

Social Distancing and Lockdown will end the week after Doctors, Nurses and other Key Workers are weaned off free burgers and pizzas.
I hope this clears up any confusion.

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2020 6:59 pm 

It seems to me that however confidently Boris presents his message to us, his Government is in total disarray . The blame game is now in full swing so I wonder how much longer will the hapless Hancock remain in his Job.?

Edward Bulwer- Lytton 1839 historical play - Cardinal Richelieu

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2020 7:30 pm 

As someone who could never vote for Boris/Tories, Labour is currently unelectable BTW, and given the emergency
we are currently in I have to support the current incumbents governing us . It would we wrong to let political dogma get in the way of defeating this virus . However. Some of today's announcement is extremely vague. Hopefully tomorrow will put some meat on the bones .

Malcolm X

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2020 8:26 pm 

Well- I thought his address was excellent.
The problem with this situation is it's fluidity on a biological level. No-one, not the doctors, scientists and Government knows what may happen, later today, tomorrow morning or a weeks time. He laid out a frame for decision making and the reasons why they may be made. We can't ask for more as it can't be given.
We have been given trust by the government to be part of the fight and to use our best judgement. I don't want to be dictated to about how to live every minute of my life, guidelines and heads up works for me!

After his address the BBC couldn't wait to tear it apart and the pillock Starmer was looking his wildest, about to have a coronary, self (is it only me who's noticed this?). I can no longer watch the news of any flavour.

Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rapidly promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of shit by the clean end.

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2020 9:27 pm 

The unbiased BBC are smugness personified at being the vanguard and standard bearer for a return to work regardless.
It reminds me of the film 'A Bridge Too Far', where reports of crack SS. Divisions at Arnhem were played down and ignored - we know what happened next.

Being 65 years old, I know what 'Stay at Home' means.
'Stay Alert' means telling other people within 3 metres to F**k Off.

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2020 6:43 am 

I'm glad that I am not the only person who can not watch the whole news without shouting at the 'experts' who clearly do not know everything. While I am sure there are a lot of people who know more than I do, I am not sure they know enough. And every expert seems more interested in slagging off the other experts, government and showing how important they are than reassuring those of us who just want this to end.

I do find the wee krankie highly amusing. She is fighting for her life. This crisis has demonstrated the insanity of an independent Scotland, they need us to pay the bill. But she is determined to lead or be seen to lead, and she is doing a very good job, aided by a poor performance by Hancock and others.

The problem with playing golf with the seniors is that half the players could not see where your ball went and the other half can not remember.

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2020 8:28 am 

It's a perfectly clear message: Stay at home. Go to work. Visit your family. Get out and exercise, stay at home, be alert,.... :? :? :? :? :? :? :?

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2020 8:43 am 

Why despite all the advise he is getting, does Booris keep getting it wrong?

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2020 9:19 am 

D P Dance wrote:
Why despite all the advise he is getting, does Booris keep getting it wrong?

It's the mixed messages the Government are being given by their advisors which has led to this. The reality is that the NHS now has adequate capacity for a fresh traunch of infection so Boris is letting the handbrake off. Which ditch the bus will end up in is anyone's guess.

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2020 10:12 am 

Tory wimmun are not pleased.

https://conservativewoman.co.uk/bottler ... pointment/

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2020 10:46 am 

The message that they seem to want to say is....use your common sense, but clearly, not many people especially in the media have any.

1. Eat healthily, exercise and prepare your body for a dose of virus so it is best equipped to fight it.
2.Respect 2 metres wherever you go.
3.If you are symptomatic, keep away from other people.
4. Keep calm and carry on until a vaccine is available.

If you smoke, are fat or have a pre existing condition such as type 2 diabetes, asthma , lung deficiency, be very careful. If you are over 60,male and unhealthy, you are most vulnerable according to the dubious statistics.

Boris is not being helped by poor quality advisors , but he himself is not inspiring confidence.

Mind you, WWJD is a common question….what would Jeremy do.... :cry:

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2020 10:46 am 

Quote:
People in England can meet another person from outside their household as long as they are outside and stay 2m apart, the government has confirmed.

Foreign Secretary Dominic Raab said people should "use some common sense" and cannot visit others at their home.
This makes absolute sense to anyone with a modicum of common sense. Our neighbours walk their dogs and sometimes our own exercise used to coincide with theirs. Out in the open we could easily converse from a short distance but the thought of following them into their home was anathema to us. The rules have not essentially changed it's just that the powers that be are giving us a bit more rope for the stupid ones to hang themselves with. Hopefully Darwin will prevail and we will emerge with a population with a slightly higher IQ than before.

A woman doesn't want a man's opinion, they just want to hear their own opinion repeated back to them in a deeper voice.

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2020 11:50 am 

Quote:
Hopefully Darwin will prevail and we will emerge with a population with a slightly higher IQ than before.

I concur.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 311 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next