* FAQ   * Search
 * Register  * Login

Grumpier Old Men

"I don't believe it !" - Victor M.
It is currently Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:03 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Covid roll of shame
PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 7:39 pm 

Maybe this could be a sticky but just a suggestion that we could have a lockdown roll of shame
Slebs ,soccerballers ,egg chasers ,politicians etc etc that seem to think that they are above
ordinary plebs such as us and just do as they please . Particular hatred should be reserved for
the preachy #stayathomers who then just wander hither and thither. Anywho my opening gambit are:

Gordon Ramsay
Emma Thompson (who has previous for eco related hypocrisy)

Malcolm X

Post subject: Re: Covid roll of shame
PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 7:59 pm 

Funny that. I was reading this just this morning...

Celebrities, coronavirus has exposed how irrelevant you have become

A woman doesn't want a man's opinion, they just want to hear their own opinion repeated back to them in a deeper voice.

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2020 12:10 pm 

There's quite a few mentioned in this YouTube video:

Greta Lee Jackson | Thanks celebrities, for everything you do for us.

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2020 11:57 am 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-52544147

On the other side, nothing a swing of a baseball bat would not solve....

The problem with playing golf with the seniors is that half the players could not see where your ball went and the other half can not remember.

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 11:42 am 

Professor F*ckwit, the main reason that you are not allowed to see your family and friends, decided that (of course) the rules don't apply to him, so his tart could visit so he can have a shag. He of the non peer reviewed paper, and the computer model that he won't share.

"Error of judgement"

He claimed he was immune to the virus.

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2020 2:52 pm 

The term 'hubris' comes to mind with this professor, never mind being a hypocrite.

Everyone is on lockdown whilst he's getting his leg over...

There's one rule for the general population and another for our dictators and 'experts' currently sitting in Westminster.

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2020 3:48 pm 

You can see why he is a mate of Boris's.....

The problem with playing golf with the seniors is that half the players could not see where your ball went and the other half can not remember.

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2020 4:18 pm 

If this was so newsworthy then why did the Telegraph sit on it for a month before publishing. The journalist who reported the story admitted he knew about it the day after the first visit.

A woman doesn't want a man's opinion, they just want to hear their own opinion repeated back to them in a deeper voice.

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2020 10:49 am 

https://order-order.com/2020/05/20/excl ... cians-son/

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2020 11:02 am 

It appears that the new toilet rolls are bags of compost and top soil. Some people are stockpiling, and I want to know who!

:evil:

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2020 12:24 pm 

whostolemyhair? wrote:
It appears that the new toilet rolls are bags of compost and top soil. Some people are stockpiling, and I want to know who!

I am obviously missing something here. Care to explain what you're on about Baldy my man?

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2020 2:19 pm 

I went to three garden centres this morning. First one had no compost or top soil, but grow bags, second had limited compost and no top soil, third had what I wanted but had sold out of potting grit.

Apparently, everyone is buying pots, using lots of compost and soil for veggie beds and plants.

And there is a waiting list for fox bait.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-52732470

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2020 3:39 pm 

whostolemyhair? wrote:
I went to three garden centres this morning. First one had no compost or top soil, but grow bags, second had limited compost and no top soil, third had what I wanted but had sold out of potting grit.

Apparently, everyone is buying pots, using lots of compost and soil for veggie beds and plants.

And there is a waiting list for fox bait.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-52732470" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Aah! I understand now.

So, my three compost heaps are paying dividends once again. And I don't think I have thrown a pot away in the past five years or so. I often give a bunch of pots to the Mehm'Sahib's school and I gave a load of small pots to a couple of neighbours for seeding recently. As for fox bait, We had a chicken run when I was a nipper and whenever there were signs of foxes about mum used to put fishy bits in a corner of the garden and we had a trap that could be rigged over it. Never failed.

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2020 5:30 pm 

Moved house in October, so the new compo heap is still WIP, as is the leaf mulch.

Hadn't heard the old fish v fox trick for many years. My gran was a farmer's daughter and was full of such 'remedies' and sayings.

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 10:02 am 

We visited our first garden centre since the lockdown over the bank holiday weekend. We're 'regulars' to such places, so it's been a long time for us. We went to a large one we know about with plenty of outdoor space… Only 200 people allowed in at any given time – which was monitored by giving everyone a trolley on the way in. Once no trolleys were left to hand out, you queued up outside…

So, we rolled up barely half an hour after opening time. Low and behold, there’s already a queue outside. It was spanning half the length of the building. I was preparing to turn around and head back home but t’other wanted to wait. It took us the best part of 20 minutes to get to the front of the queue. We already knew that both cafes on site were still closed – so as we expected, they were cordoned off and no lights were on. What I expected though was for more than around half the existing shelves and areas to actually be stocked. It was a sureeal experience walking around a half-empty warehouse-style garden centre, seeing others slowly meandering up and down bare isles and display areas like zombies.

The only area which seemed to be reasonably stocked was the on-site farm shop – which some people were clearly oblivious to the two metre social distancing rules. One woman ended up pushing her way back up through the one-way isle/queue for the checkouts, after paying for items in a basket, saying something along the lines of “Sorry to come past you, I’ve left my trolley up there”. Why not bring it at the same time? Stupid woman. I just shook my head and gave her one of my stares. I know I wasn’t the only one… Considering there was another adjacent isle directly alongside her she could have diverted up and avoided brushing past those queuing at a sensible gaps makes it even more bizarre.

I would be surprised if we were in there for half an hour. We spent almost as much time queuing to get in and probably half our time in there queuing at the checkouts to get back out again. A complete waste of time.