* FAQ   * Search
 * Register  * Login

Grumpier Old Men

"I don't believe it !" - Victor M.
It is currently Mon Jul 13, 2020 11:16 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 311 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next
 Post subject: Re: Coronavirus UK
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2020 9:56 am 

The worst that can happen to Hancock and Williamson is a return to the back benches - We, on the other hand, are to trust their promises with our children and grandchildren. If they are wrong and children die, public anger will be off the scale.(to say the least).

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2020 9:56 pm 

Have they got this PPE right?
On the news today was a social nurse visiting an elderly patient. At the back of her car, the nurse put on a fresh mask and gloves - then pulled the tailgate down using the outside handle. :scratch:

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2020 10:39 pm 

Trusting the hapless Hancock & Co. seems to me to be a contradiction in terms. Big fat lies are the politician's stock in trade and their ability to tell them in a convincing way underlines the disingenuous nature of the breed.

I no longer listen to the daily briefings to assembled journalists; believing as I do that they simply perpetuate the myth that the people in charge are anything other than negligent and incompetent.

Edward Bulwer- Lytton 1839 historical play - Cardinal Richelieu

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2020 2:17 pm 

So, more symptoms have been added to the list in recent days. I had to laugh at the 'headaches' one. I get headaches most days – but that's usually caused by other people.

The loss of taste and smell is an interesting one as I have a confession to make... I was complaining about this about three weeks ago. I couldn't smell or taste anything… and I mean anything. Coffee tasted the same as beer. My aftershave smelt the same as the butter in the fridge. As things stand, most of my sense of taste has come back (this returned after about four or five days). As for my sense of smell? It's still not brilliant to honest, but I'd say it's about 'two thirds working' again. This seems to be taking a particularly long time to return.

I simply put it down to a head cold or perhaps dealing with a bad bout of hayfever which I tend to get every few years. However I will admit I've never had both those senses literally turn off like a light switch together. So if the latest reports are anything to go by, I may have possibly had it or a weaker strain of the virus. Considering I'm always suffering in one way or another and have had most diseases in the book at one point or another, it wouldn't surprise me.

Oh well – as you were… Nothing to see here.

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2020 11:34 am 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-52752172

Cheerful sod, bet he is a wow at dinner parties.

The problem with playing golf with the seniors is that half the players could not see where your ball went and the other half can not remember.

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2020 7:15 pm 

Mr Depressed wrote:

I simply put it down to a head cold or perhaps dealing with a bad bout of hayfever which I tend to get every few years. However I will admit I've never had both those senses literally turn off like a light switch together. So if the latest reports are anything to go by, I may have possibly had it or a weaker strain of the virus. Considering I'm always suffering in one way or another and have had most diseases in the book at one point or another, it wouldn't surprise me.

Have you thought about asking for an antibody test? Might be worthwhile.

Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rapidly promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of shit by the clean end.

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2020 7:20 pm 

whostolemyhair? wrote:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-52752172" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Cheerful sod, bet he is a wow at dinner parties.

Being that this was due to a pandemic rather than a banking crash that we had in 2008, my belief is that things will get back to close to normal quite quickly.
Mind you I reckon some borderline businesses will disappear leaving the stronger ones intact.
As for countries? Well that remains to be seen. Look out for some big political shakeouts soon!

Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rapidly promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of shit by the clean end.

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2020 7:44 pm 

Tony.T wrote:
Mr Depressed wrote:

Have you thought about asking for an antibody test? Might be worthwhile.

It could be . Who knows ?. As we all get older aches and pains are part and parcel of life.
Anywho . Just because you have had the lurgy it does not necessarily mean that you are now
immune .

Malcolm X

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2020 5:15 pm 

Re: Dominic Cummings
Show's over Boris - you're toast.

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2020 6:03 pm 

I can't help fostering the the idea that D.C. has something on Boris.

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2020 6:19 pm 

old git wrote:

I can't help fostering the idea that they've both got one over on us.

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2020 6:59 pm 

old git wrote:

Maybe . Usually people like these end up having "accidents" or suiciding themselves with nothing
more than a stapler. As a warning to other whistle blowers.
Maybe DC asked permission .
We had my mother in law during lockdown for a few days . And I can justify it .
No difference between me and a politician.....

Malcolm X

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2020 7:05 pm 

williamtravis wrote:

We had my mother in law during lockdown for a few days . And I can justify it .

We have all had to make sacrifices... :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 7:38 am 

I must confess there is 'something of the night' about Cummings. He has the same creepy air of Howard and looks like he needs a good wash. It is clear he also has the same 'rules are for the plebs, I am superior ' attitude that Alistair Campbell had. In his defence, anyone that can upset Piers Morgan that much can not be all bad.

I always thought he was on borrowed time, now does seem the right time to replace him with a human being. But who would want the job?

The problem with playing golf with the seniors is that half the players could not see where your ball went and the other half can not remember.

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 9:47 am 

whostolemyhair? wrote:
I always thought he was on borrowed time, now does seem the right time to replace him with a human being. But who would want the job?

what actually is the job ? - I can't be the only one wondering about that.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 311 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next